Annual Salary: $43,000-$53,000+benefits DOQ
The Engagement Department of the UMAA engages alumni, students, and friends of the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities campus through a wide variety of virtual and physical programs and services that are both relevant to the alumni and meaningful to the University. These include alumni engagement based on common geography or special interest, legislative advocacy, travel programs, student support, and more.
The UMAA seeks a dynamic, goal-oriented, independent, creative professional to develop and implement strategies and programs that significantly expand the engagement of alumni with current students and graduates of the last decade. The role will capitalize on alumni talents and professional networks to help students fulfill their career aspirations. This includes, but is not limited to increasing the participation of alumni in mentoring, speaking on campus, virtual networking, career panels, informational interviews, offering internships, and hiring U of M students. In addition, this individual will work with campus partners to engage students in deeper relationships with the U, supporting campus traditions, and creating an expectation of a lifelong connection.
The Director of Student and Recent Alumni Relations will also develop and grow programs and services offered to recent alumni, focusing on the transition from student to graduate and the needs of the alumni in their first ten years after graduation. The goal is to significantly expand the number of recent undergraduate and graduate alumni engaged with the U. Additionally, this person will be a key member of the Engagement team and will be the primary liaison to the Student and Recent Alumni Council of the UMAA Board of Directors. This position supports UMAA goals and objectives by working directly with staff, campus partners, and volunteers to independently plan, budget, implement, and evaluate comprehensive programs and services.
Engage increasing numbers of alumni in supporting students’ career aspirations (30%)
- Develop and execute career and professional development opportunities that intentionally connect students to alumni, in-person or virtually.
- Recruit alumni volunteers to participate in physical and virtual networking opportunities that enhance the lives of students and recent alumni.
- Utilize social media and networking platforms as virtual forums for alumni engagement and increase number of alumni and student participants.
- Position UMAA as a centralized resource to advise and assist collegiate mentor programs through the strategic management of a University-wide mentor programs committee.
- Create appropriate communications tools and training materials in concert with mentor program partners.
Deepen the ties among the student population to build an expectation of and desire for a lifelong connection with the U. (15%)
- Collaborate with Student Affairs and other campus partners to increase students’ sense of University connection and community. Highlight alumni accomplishments as aspirational role models.
- Support and reinforce current campus traditions, and work with campus partners to develop new ones as appropriate.
- Develop unique, interconnected communications specific to each undergraduate class year and all graduate students, reinforcing the sense of community, traditions, pride and opportunities for alumni support of students.
Design and execute a recent alumni engagement strategy that delivers relevant programs, services and communications to this audience and significantly expands the number of recent alumni engaged with the U. (40%)
- Create and implement a transition strategy from student to alumnus with appropriate programs and communications, introducing the UMAA and all it has to offer.
- Develop and execute Emerging Professionals Network series of events for recent alumni.
- Design and execute programs and services that are relevant to alumni up to 10 years out from graduation.
- Work collectively with the Engagement team to strategically enhance current programming and deliver new and relevant options for engaging the recently graduated demographic.
- Measure and evaluate the needs of the recent alumni population by researching best practices and accessing the collegiate network.
- Track number of recent alumni engaged with the U and expand the breadth and depth of the relationships over time.
?Manage and support the strategic direction of the Student and Recent Alumni Council of the UMAA Board of Directors. (10%)
- Serves as the primary liaison to support the meeting schedule, agendas, and strategic direction of the Student and Recent Alumni Council of the UMAA Board of Directors.
Manage overall student and recent alumni engagement efforts for the UMAA (5%)
- Budget management related to student and recent alumni engagement programs and events.
- Represent the UMAA on appropriate University committees and/or organizations as necessary.
- Measure overall outcomes of alumni involvement in student and recent alumni programming.
- Continually research current trends and seek new and innovative ways to implement UMAA programming and events. Completes other department duties as assigned
?* The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.