School/Unit: Office of VP for Health Sciences
Department: Division of Health Sciences Diversity
Purpose of Position:
The Director of Health Sciences Diversity will be responsible for strategic leadership of the division, supervision of division faculty and staff, and will be responsible for leading research and evaluation efforts of the division’s pipeline programs.
- Manages the division and supervises staff in the office to ensure that programs are aligned with university priorities;
- Provides guidance and leadership to staff and faculty for best practices in the implementation of pipeline programs, using outcomes data to inform program development;
- Ensures that division fiscal and administrative operations are executed in compliance with state and university policies and procedures;
- Ensures the collection and management of student data, including student outcomes.
- Develops an assessment and evaluation plan for the division and prepares annual and periodic reports for the Executive Director.
- Promotes regular communication between students, administration, faculty, and staff to identify strengths and challenges in the educational experience of pipeline students.
- Develop/maintain collaborative relationships with and provide training/consultation to internal and external partners and other stakeholders in the communities served by our programs
- Representation of the division on university level committees.
- In collaboration with the Director, Division for Academic Success, develops academic support programs and services for pipeline students.
- Master's degree in a relevant field of study is required.
- Demonstrated experience in the management and supervision of staff;
- Experience in the use of student outcomes data to facilitate program improvement;
- Strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and organizational skills, with a focus on collaboration and ability to lead and function in a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
Prior experience related to health sciences education, and/or work with first generation, underrepresented student populations preferred.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.vcujobs.comVirginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran's status, political affiliation or disability.