| Location: Binghamton, NY Category: Professional Posted On: Thu Jan 5 2017 Job Description: |
Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant (SL-3)
Salary: $47,500 +
The Business Analyst will report to the Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs Administration and will work closely with teams from parking, transportation, and auxiliary services. They will be responsible for analysis, reconciliation and reporting of financial and operating data, on both a routine and ad-hoc basis, to support the operations of transportation services, parking, and auxiliary services (dining, bookstore, vending, and other areas).
- Assemble data from a variety of sources in a variety of formats to create management reports for decision support. May include monthly operating statements, budget analysis, forecasting models, benchmarking, dashboards, and a variety of ad-hoc reports to support operations.
- Work with parking services staff on daily reconciliation of parking receipts with banking and credit card records, as well as University business systems. Coordination with TAPS staff and business office staff on reconciliation issues.
- Monitor auxiliary contract commitments, track payments and forecast revenues.
- Develop and implement a method to track equipment maintenance expenses, capturing inventory and cost data for planning and forecasting.
- Consult with leadership and department personnel to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures and problems.
- Build positive relationships across the University, supporting business and financial initiatives, and providing expert advice to improve overall business functions.
Bachelor's degree is required. Master's degree preferred.
Degree preferably in accounting, finance, business or a related field. Also:
- Minimum of 1-3 years' professional experience
- Excellent computer skills including strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, with extensive experience using Excel required, and experience with Access databases desirable
- Demonstrated skill in troubleshooting, developing solutions and implementation the chosen solution
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Must be organized and able to see projects through to completion with the ability to meet deadlines
- Must be comfortable managing and prioritizing multiple demands tasks simultaneously and independently, working as part of a team