| FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTNew York City College of Technology of the City University of New York (CUNY), a comprehensive college of over 17,000 students in downtown Brooklyn, offering associate and baccalaureate degrees, invites applications for tenure-track position in the Computer Engineering Technology Department at the assistant professor level, to begin during the Spring or Fall 2017 academic semester.The Computer Engineering Technology Department offers two programs, both accredited by ETAC/ABET: Electromechanical Engineering Technology (EMT), which leads to an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree and Computer Engineering Technology (CET), which leads to a Bachelor of Technology (BTech) degree. The CET department prepares students in the fundamentals of electricity, electronics, mechanics, and computer systems (hardware, software and networking). Integration of these technologies is the objective of our programs. The department's range of offerings encompass the application of computer control of devices making use of microprocessors, microcontrollers and embedded systems hardware and software. Present goals include course development in the areas of Networking (Virtualization, Storage, Security, Clustering, etc.), Digital Systems & Digital Signal Processing using Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs), Data Acquisition & Instrumentation, Hardware and Software Development, Parallel Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT), Robotics, and Embedded Systems Computing using a variety of processors & operating systems.The Department is looking for a qualified candidate to teach and develop courses in the areas mentioned above and also to contribute to new initiatives within our department. In addition to a strong interest in undergraduate teaching, candidates must have well developed research plans as applied to computer engineering technology, including hardware and software. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching, research and guidance duties in area(s) of expertise. He/She will also share responsibility for committee and department assignments including administrative, supervisory, and other functions.QUALIFICATIONS|
* Ph.D. in Electrical/Computer Engineering/Computer Science or a closely related field.The Doctorate is strongly preferred.
* Candidate holding a Master's degree plus a PE License (Electrical Engineering) will be considered only if he/she also has an exceptional industry and academic portfolio, including relevant publications.
* A minimum of 3 years experience in one of the following areas: Networking (Virtualization, Storage, Security, Clustering, etc.); Digital Systems & Digital Signal Processing (using FPGAs); Software Development; Parallel Computing; Embedded Systems Computing (hardware & software development; Biomedical/Electrical or Mechanical hardware and software Systems.
* Candidates with advanced degree in computer science should have a bachelor's degree in a relevant branch of engineering or engineering technology (Electrical or Computer).
* Also required are the ability to teach successfully, demonstrated scholarship or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.COMPENSATIONCUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.HOW TO APPLYVisit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information. Candidates should provide a CV/resume and statement of scholarly interests.Candidates should provide a CV/resume and statement of scholarly interests.CLOSING DATEApplications will be accepted until the position is filled, with review to begin January 25, 2017JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: FacultyEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* NYC College of Technology*Job Title:
* Assistant Professor – Computer Engineering Technology*Job ID:
* 16193*Full/Part Time: