Requisition ID: P0015829701
Department: Information Technology Services: Office of the CIO_3
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: University Park Campus
We are currently seeking a Learning Environments Technical Support Specialist (LE Support Specialist) to join the Learning Environments department within the ITS division. The LE Support Specialist will be responsible for providing service and support for classrooms and computer labs in ITS-managed spaces on the UPC and HSC campuses, managing incidents, requests and customer follow-ups, and assisting with supervising student staff. The successful candidate will ensure the delivery of high-quality service and support in 220+ general-use classrooms/auditoria and 3 computer labs.
The ideal candidate must possess a minimum of one year of experience in front-line customer service. He/she should also ideally possess knowledge of and experience with audio-visual equipment and computer center operations within a multi-platform environment for networks, operating systems and applications. Certification in ITIL service management processes and experience in Higher Education are strongly preferred.
Information Technology Services (ITS) is committed to providing information technology (IT) services and support to the university. ITS provides essential, university-wide services such as:
- Enterprise information systems
- University wired and wireless networks
- Educational Technology
- Research Computing
- IT Security
- Must have an Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Must have at least one year of experience in a customer service operations environment.
- Must possess a solid understanding of information technology concepts, ticket system for problem tracking and/or study in networking and/or computer information systems
- Typically has experience in computer center operations within a multi-platform environment for networks, operating systems and applications
- Typically possesses knowledge of and experience with audio-visual equipment
- Typically possesses a Bachelor's Degree
- Typically possesses knowledge of USC processes
- Typically possesses 2 years of experience in a customer service support role
- Typically possesses certification in ITIL service management processes
- Must be able and willing to work evening and weekends hours in support of a 24×7 operational environment.
- Demonstrated experience with incident management and front-line customer service.
- Has the ability to work in a fast paced environment, adjust to changing priorities, and balance support and project work
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, extreme attention to detail and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Provides specialized technical maintenance and customer service support for faculty, staff and students. Monitors the performance of supported hardware and software resources. Ensures proper functioning and access to network, software and hardware in all learning environments. Assists with problem resolution and facility management activities.
- Identifies, diagnoses, tests and resolves audio-visual support for learning spaces and/or computer network and server performance problems in a multi-platform environment. Uses MOMS system to monitor, troubleshoot and support faculty and student use of audio-visual equipment in learning spaces. Coordinates technical support and problem resolution. Completes and submits comprehensive end of day shift reports.
- Oversees onboarding and orientation of student employees to ensure understanding of duties, responsibilities work requirements and performance standards. Provides ongoing training and coaching to further develop student worker skills and improve overall service delivery.
- Establishes, monitors, and authorizes work schedules, time off and leave requests for employees (including student workers) to meet with department business requirements.
- Authorizes overtime and monitors meal and rest periods for non-exempt employees to ensure compliance with university timekeeping requirements and employment policies. If necessary submits time records on behalf of employees who fail to submit timekeeping records, in order to ensure timely payment.
- Oversees activities of all assigned student workers. Recruits, screens, hires, trains, schedules and assigns work. Assesses performance and provides feedback. Counsels or disciplines, as needed.
- Provides consultative services for faculty, staff and students on the use of multimedia hardware and software. Assists faculty and students in using multimedia and computer-based resources such as various multimedia control systems and touch panels, LCD projectors, mixers, matrix switchers and amps. Analyzes user needs and evaluates new equipment. Recommends new hardware and software purchases based on thorough technology reviews and research findings.
- Performs diagnostic, technical assessment, and administrative work involved in planning, design, and installation of equipment such as networked and standalone multimedia equipment, cameras, computers and audio-visual wall boxes and related hardware and software configurations in office and classroom locations.
- Maintains and troubleshoots computer and audiovisual equipment, devices and systems, such as distribution amplifiers, assisted listening systems, wireless microphone systems, and hardwired implementations. Solves problems and resolves issues related to use of facilities. Collaborates with other personnel to improve virtual support presence, management of and access to computing and multimedia classroom resources.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Knowledge of USC processes
- Training/certification in ITIL service management processes
- 2 years of front-line customer service experience
- Team leadership or supervisory experience
- Experience in Higher Education
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.