Niles Veterinary Clinic, located in Niles, OH, is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our team (Generous sign-on/retention bonus and relocation expenses to qualified candidates out of the area )!
Niles Veterinary Clinic is a modern, AAHA accredited, three-veterinarian practice that provides high quality full-service care for dogs, cats and pocket pets. We are dedicated to providing exceptional patient care and client service. We believe that education of our doctors, staff, and clients is the key to creating individualized veterinary healthcare for our patients.
For more information, please visit our website at: www.nilesvet.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Digital Radiography
- Companion Therapy Laser
- Fully Equipped Surgical Suite
- Separate area for dental procedures with DR digital radiography and ultrasonic dental equipment.
- On-site laboratory capabilities including Idexx lab equipment and close association with external full-service clinical and pathological laboratories.
- Complete on-site pharmacy – large inventory of established pharmaceuticals as well as many of the latest developments.
- 7 exam rooms with computer access in each room
- Large Treatment Area
- Separate wards for dogs, cats, isolation and recovery.
- Relationships with Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon and Board Certified Cardiologist for on-site diagnostics and treatment
About Niles, OH:
Niles Veterinary Clinic is located in Niles, Ohio. Niles has a small-town atmosphere with all the conveniences of a large city.
In northeast Ohio we enjoy all 4 seasons, which allows for a variety of unique activities. June through September, there are several local festivals running almost every weekend. In addition, eastern Ohio is home to over 30 state parks featuring a multitude of recreational and educational activities including hiking, camping, swimming, and boating. Mosquito Lake State Park (within 10 miles) has the second largest lake in Ohio, as well as a state of the art dog park. Lake Erie and Geneva-on-the-Lake are within an hour’s driving distance and are famous for their plethora of water activities and beautiful wineries. Our area has vibrant fall foliage and festivities that include; apple and pumpkin picking, hay rides, corn mazes, and haunted houses. In winter we enjoy sledding and skiing. Boston Mills/Brandywine is a small family oriented ski resort located an hour away just outside of Cleveland. As a midpoint between Cleveland and Pittsburgh, we are close to the many attractions these cities have to offer.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.