Position Begins July 1, 2017
The Director of Advancement is responsible for all aspects of advancement and development including marketing, public relations and communications; creation and implementation of short and long-term fundraising initiatives; and community engagement of current families, alumni, grandparents, and corporate and foundation partners.
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Nurture productive relationships with all constituencies of the school, including trustees, current and potential donors, parents, grandparents, alumni parents, alumni, faculty/staff and students.
- Provide leadership to advancement department, setting the vision and priorities for the team.
- Serve as a collaborative member of the administrative team, supporting the Head of School and fellow administrators in carrying out the school’s mission and strategic plan.
- Develop long-range fundraising initiatives rooted in a strategic plan, in partnership with the Head of School, Development Committee and Board of Trustees. Provide fundraising reports and updates on other strategic plan initiatives to the Board of Trustees on monthly basis.
- Serve as staff liaison to development committee, foundation/grants and major gifts subcommittees.
- Actively participate, at professional, community and civic affairs as a representative of the school.
- Attend all major school functions designed to include donors, prospects and volunteers, including the appropriate recognition of donors, volunteers and Trustees.
- Convey a positive image of The Pegasus School at all times when working with students, parents, alumni, grandparents, employees and the public.
Development and Stewardship -
- Conceptualize, develop and execute strategies and plans for a comprehensive development program that includes Annual Fund, Major Gifts, Annual Event, Capital Campaign, Endowment, Grants, Alumni and Grandparent Relations and other strategic programs (e.g., planned giving).
- Conduct donor research to identify, evaluate, cultivate and appropriately solicit and steward prospects.
- Plan and implement campaign strategies tailored to specific and diverse constituencies that retain and grow donor portfolio, increasing annual revenue from existing donors and securing new revenue from prospective donors.
Communications and Marketing -
- Partner with the Director of Communications to provide editorial suggestions for school publications, constituent communications, website, fundraising materials, advertising and viewbook.
- Alongside the Director of Communications, ensure positive promotion of the school and communication (both internal and external) to engage community in supporting the school’s mission.
- Serve on the marketing/communications team (MARCOM), which includes the Admissions Director, Director of Communications, and admissions associates.
- During a capital campaign, collaborate and support committee members by developing prospect lists, strategies, briefing documents and talking points to be used by committee in solicitation efforts.
Management of Advancement Team -
- In coordination with the CFO, ensure advancement office adherences to advancement/marketing budgets.
- Oversee Associate Director in the achievement and refinement of events and programs such as, golf social, Pegasus Food and Wine Society, spring benefit and alumni events.
- Responsible for recruiting strong volunteer leadership and participation in advancement activities. During solicitation periods, such as annual giving, provide training to volunteers to guarantee success.
- Ensure internal controls are in place, including gift acceptance policies, donor acknowledgement, stewardship, and database management.
- Utilize tools and systems to project, guide and measure fundraising results and engagement activities of constituents.
- Oversees the effective use and operation of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge database by the advancement team.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that the qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.