Position: Temporary Content Specialist
Hours: This is a part-time position (20 hours per week/3-4 days per week)
Pay: approximately $35.00 per hour
Approximate start date: ASAP
Approximate end date: April 15, 2017
Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University is seeking a temporary Content Specialist for the Evanston campus.
The temporary Content Specialist owns Global Hub microsite community management and publishes all content to the microsite using the Sitecore Content Management Systems (CMS).
The Global Hub Microsite is an operational resource, preparing and helping to facilitate a smooth transition to Kellogg’s new building for staff, faculty and students. A smooth transition depends on detailed and proactive communication to internal audiences about moving preparations, timing, building accessibility and training. Content will include update bulletins, checklists, calendars, forms, hand books, FAQs to help guide staff, faculty and students through this transition.
The Content Specialist will work with the many contributors from departments and internal communications to post content to the microsite. The Content Specialist will also work with the digital team to facilitate any enhancements or changes to the microsite layout, functionality, etc. in the CMS. The Content Specialist will play a role in developing and own the execution of the posting process inclusive of communicating the need for content, flagging issues with content, communicating to content owners and publishing content.
Minimum Experience and Skills:
- Five or more years of relevant experience
- Experienced in learning and quickly adopting new online publishing platforms or content management systems (Sitecore experience preferred, but experience with another CMS is acceptable)
- Execute the process for posting content to the microsite
- Able to publish content provided by multiple contributors using Sitecore
- Proactively communicates to team members and contributors; flags issues
- Exhibits diligence in posting accurate content and pays attention to detail
- Has the ability to identify and troubleshoot issues when posting content in Sitecore
- Ability to independently project manage and establish priorities
- Appropriately applies the content filter and communicates that filter to contributors
Qualifications Preferred and Required:
- Proficient in AP style; Understanding of standard formatting and editing for web readers
- Proficient at uploading content and adopting new publishing platforms or CMS tools
- Sitecore or other Content Management System (CMS);
- MS Office suite 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Photoshop or other imaging software
- Google docs, BaseCamp, Smartsheet preferred but not required.
Northwestern University seeks to employ a varied and diverse range of dynamic people who understand the importance of our mission and vision. When you consider a temporary opportunity at Northwestern University, you know that you are joining an institution with a deep history of academic, professional and personal development.
Date Posted: 1/12/2017
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.