Posting Number: S004697
Full Time/Part Time: Full-time
Department: Equal Opportunity Services:H0020
Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs professional work involved in the development and administration of the equal opportunity (EO) policies and procedures of the University of Houston System and the University of Houston Office of Equal Opportunity Services (EOS).
1. Provides prompt and equitable resolution of complaints of unlawful discrimination, including sexual misconduct.
2. Interprets University policies and procedures, and local, state and federal rules and regulations related to EO issues.
3. Investigates and resolves complaints of unlawful discrimination which includes interviewing witnesses, analyzing evidence, making determinations and in conjunction with the appropriate administrators, formulate courses of action to address those matters.
4. Designs, implements, and delivers antidiscrimination programming for the University, including delivering ongoing training designed to promote awareness and prevent sexual misconduct, including domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault and stalking.
5. Provides access and accommodation assistance for students and employees with disabilities consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
6. May schedule, plan, coordinate and organize special events for the EOS.
7. May prepare, edit and produce publications for the EOS.
8. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Requires a 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Posting Information:
The University of Houston is a Tobacco free campus.