| The Manager, Audiovisual Operations is a critical, customer-facing role in Media Services. They are responsible for leading a team of Media Technology Specialists, providing clear direction and consistent oversight to support all daily operations. The Manager offers guidance and support to ensure the Media Services team has what they need to provide excellent customer service to the HBS community, and to ensure that all audiovisual technology is supported and maintained in classrooms, conference rooms, auditoriums and project rooms. |
The Manager, Audiovisual Operations leads a team of up to 10 direct reports, and is responsible for managing all aspects of daily support operations including scheduling, coordinating events, work dispatch and prioritization, staff allocation and service escalations. In addition they support their team's ongoing growth and professional development. The Manager is responsible for ensuring all audiovisual technology is properly supported and maintained in all classrooms, conference rooms, auditoriums and other audiovisual-enabled spaces in order to provide service and meet customer needs during events. They communicate event needs to the Audiovisual Operations team, and ensures that all event details have been properly represented and understood by the supporting staff.
- Support daily operation of all audiovisual services across campus, including more than 250 audiovisual-enabled rooms across nearly 30 campus buildings
- Manage central Service Desk providing first and second-level audiovisual support through phone, e-mail, walk-in and in-field channels
- Provide leadership and development of up to 10 direct reports, including both full-time and temporary resources
- Deliver on mission of providing world-class audiovisual services and support at every opportunity, and model it individually; personally manage key customer relationships to ensure exemplary service
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to recommend and implement solutions that meet identified business needs; proactively explore emerging technologies that might benefit the community
- Actively participate in IT projects to ensure alignment with the needs of the customers, end users and IT Support Services; ensure all services are adequately documented for the same constituencies
- Directly manage outsourced vendor support agreements and resources, and assist with audiovisual repairs
- Manage daily campus operational support schedule, and visits to faculty prior to all MBA and Executive Education classroom sessions to help with audiovisual needs
- Plan and ensure successful delivery of complex classroom and campus events
- Deliver group and one‐on‐one trainings, and training documentation including web and multimedia content, for all audiovisual services
- Monitor incoming service channels and ticketing system, and manage team to established metrics and guidelines
- Closely manage high-volume, fast-paced work queues (self and team) filled with shifting priorities and many simultaneous pieces of work
- Partner with senior management to implement overall audiovisual strategies and policies
- Serve as an escalation point for both customers and internal team members; work to resolve service delivery issues on an expedited basis
- Establish, measure, and report on key performance indicators for team; drive improvement
- Identify root cause and facilitate the timely resolution of complex, systemic issues driving support volume
- Identify and implement continuous improvements to products, services, processes and team performance
- Collect, develop, publish and maintain key technical documentation and knowledge management content (internal and customer facing); maintain internal and customer-facing websites
- Monitor and maintain health and stability of audiovisual environment
- Assume additional responsibilities as required
The IT Support Services team at Harvard Business School provides outstanding desktop, audiovisual and classroom services to faculty, staff, students, and Executive Education participants. The team supports the School's mission by delivering premium technology offerings that enhance and creatively advance the teaching, learning and research environment.
The Media Services team also provides training and consultation to help maximize the impact of services for over 1,600 faculty, staff, and doctoral students, 1,800 MBA students and 10,000 executive education participants annually. Incident and Request Management are provided through phone, e-mail, walk-in and in-field channels to users spread across nearly 30 campus buildings and over 250 audiovisual-enabled classrooms, conference rooms, auditoriums and other convening spaces. Media Services is a primary "face" of IT to campus users, and the Manager is expected to be a visible, accessible and active part of the HBS community.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience managing both people and audiovisual services in high-touch, enterprise-level environments. Knowledge of ITIL and ITSM methodologies, including experience implementing and managing to key operational metrics, would be very beneficial. The candidate will have proven ability to deliver world-class customer service in very demanding climates, and to manage many simultaneous work items of changing priority with minimal supervision. They will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and possess superior maturity, professionalism, and judgment.
Salary Grade: 057
Union: 00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary