At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Heart Center and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
This Heart Center Access Administrator II will be responsible for:
- Managing the administrative and financial operations for Boston Children's Heart Access Center.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Supporting the Director, Department Administrator and/or Clinical Chair/Chief(s) for the Heart Access Center, and will additionally manage schedules and Patients second opinions.
- Collaborating with Hospital Compliance, physician and nurse leaders, to manage compliance with government regulations and third party payer requirements.
- Acting as administrative liaison between the department/program and hospital departments which may include, Patient Financial Services, ISD, Coding, and Marketing.
- Serving as the principle liaison to any other hospital on joint matters and shared programs. Serves on hospital task forces and committees, as appropriate.
- Participating and/or provides administrative support to Chiefs and nurse leaders in the development and ongoing improvement of access metrics.
- Directing and developing staff to look at service delivery workflows and processes and identifies opportunities for improvement of these outcome metrics.
- Collaborating with Hospital personnel and Departmental faculty, to plan and implement the strategic vision for the access components of the department's mission.
To qualify, you must have:
- The knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in business administration, health care administration or closely related field and five to 7 years experience. Directly related work experience may be substituted for a degree. Master's Degree preferred.
- The ability to solve complex problems in the areas of clinical/research operations, business planning, financial management, marketing, personnel and information systems management.
- The ability to effectively manage the employees within assigned unit/department and to influence and negotiate with peer level managers on issues and programs that impact assigned unit/department.
- Experience dealing with conflicting views or issues and mediating fair and workable solutions. No certification, registration or licensure required.
- A working knowledge with insurance, and physician/patient billing.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Department: Cardiovascular Program
Schedule: Mon. - Fri.
Standard Hours Per Week: 40