| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
The Acquisitions Librarian facilitates the acquisition of materials in all formats for the University Libraries to support the critical success of Washington University teaching and research. The Acquisitions Librarian develops policies, procedures and workflow for monographic, databases and serials operations; supervises acquisitions support staff; and acts as a primary liaison to library vendors and materials selectors.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee monographic, databases and serials operations, including development of policies, procedures and workflows to achieve greater efficiencies and improve customer service.
- Provide effective and timely supervision of staff including training, career development, and performance management.
- Serve as the administrator for vendor platforms. Oversee management of eresource access tools including EZProxy and Serials Solutions. Develop approaches to resolving user access issues and enhance user experience with eresources.
- Communicate with vendors regarding outsourcing specifications, invoices, and trials. Resolve related vendor quality control issues. Communicate with the Library Business Office regarding invoice payments and fund expenditures. Serve as a contact with the University’s Alumni and Development Office. Communicate with subject specialists and participate in library-wide committees and initiatives.
- Maintain professional currency and participate in professional development activities as they relate to acquisitions and technical services.
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited school or equivalent.
- Two years professional experience in acquisitions or as a bibliographer/subject specialist.
- Knowledge of databases, serials and monographic acquisitions issues and practices.
- Supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills including the ability to coach a team.
- Strong service attitude with excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to do detail-oriented work, including strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse population.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a changing environment.
- An understanding of the information needs of a research university.
- Commitment to engage in continuing professional development.
- Experience in an academic library.
- Experience with vendor relations
- Experience in acquiring and managing access to electronic resources.
- Experience with integrated library systems. Familiarity with Innovative Interfaces Sierra system desirable.
- Evidence of contribution and involvement in professional development.
- Second master’s degree.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Olin Library. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The hiring range for this position is $49,881 - $64,838 annually.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.