Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree.
Minimum Experience: 5 years of professional fundraising experience.
Required Licenses/Certifications: CFRE preferred
Agency Standards: Must have excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet. Must have the willingness and ability to adapt to change including advances or new technology. Must have excellent customer service skills and be committed to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to travel within and outside organization region as job dictates.
- Ability to effectively perform a variety of development functions including annual campaigns, major gifts, events, planned giving, and special campaigns.
- Recognized excellence in interpersonal and relationship-building skills, project management skills; ability to motivate and work collaboratively with staff throughout the agency, and effect change.
- Demonstrated appreciation for the level of detail, discretion and good judgment necessary for effective solicitation and cultivation of donors and supporters.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity, high energy, positive attitude and diplomatic.
- Ability to effectively prepare written acknowledgement letters, contracts, reports and proposals.
- Ability to earn the confidence of a wide range of internal and external constituents.
- Ability to think strategically and achieve organization’s goals relating to position.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to manage details and complexity, to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and to work under pressure.
- Comfortable and knowledgeable with discussing topics relating to sexual and reproductive health.
- Skilled in verbal and written communications.
- Must be able to speak effectively in a public or group setting.
- Requires an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
- Be discrete and safe guard confidential information.
- Possess integrity and compliance – can be relied upon to act ethically.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to lead, manage, direct, and motivate diverse groups of people and possess the skills to delegate and supervise volunteers.
- Affiliate Knowledge: Understands the mission and structure of the affiliate and exhibits agency’s core values.
- Attention to Detail: Demonstrates thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small.
- Tenacity: Keeps working systematically and tirelessly to meet or exceed stated goals or until the goal is no longer reasonably attainable.
- Work Management: Effectively manages time as a resource; establishes realistic priorities; schedules own time and activities effectively; gives balanced focus and attention to appropriate long- and short-term priorities. Develops action plans and budgets; leverages technology; anticipates obstacles; establishes check points and monitors progress.
- Recovery Skills: Responds effectively and acknowledges responsibilities when clients (internal or external) experience problems or mistakes; rectifies the situation to restore client satisfaction; seeks information and collaborates with others to take action to implement permanent fixes. Maintains stable performance and emotions when faced with opposition, pressure, and or stressful conditions.
- Interpersonal Sensitivity: Acts in a way that indicates understanding and accurate interpretation of others’ concerns, feelings, strengths and limitations. Uses interpersonal understanding to shape one’s own response.
- Impact & Influence: Develops and uses effective strategies to influence others or to gain their support.
- Advocacy: Supports others and actively contributes to Planned Parenthood’s success; celebrates others’ successes; collaborates across functions and departments to meet internal and external client needs.
- Adaptability or Flexibility: Responds with flexibility to shifting priorities and changing work situations; recovers quickly from problems and setbacks; develops new skills to remain competitive. Adapts easily to change, sees the merits of differing positions, and adapts own positions and strategies in response to new information or changes to a situation.
- Coping with Demands of the Position: Uses effective problem solving while working under stress, high volume of work demands and/or time demands; regularly meets deadlines.
- Celebrates and exemplifies the core values of our organization: Cooperative and Courteous; Honesty, Integrity & Straightforwardness; Inclusive; Quality Service; and Creativity within the context of Best Practices.
Other: Diversity creates a healthier environment: equal opportunity employer. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination of any kind, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, past, present or prospective military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, socio-economic circumstances, language spoken, or any other characteristics protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”). We maintain a drug-free workplace. Should be pleasant, neat, and well-groomed in representing the agency to the general public.
To view the full job posting and apply, please visit: www.ppgreatertx.org