• High School Diploma/GED and four years of related office experience. Training/education may be substituted for up to two years of experience.
• Experience and skill at the expert level with composing and editing correspondence – spelling, grammar, clarity, punctuation for correspondence and records.
• Filing and mail handling (incoming and outgoing) experience.
• Work experience required with word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentations, and electronic calendaring. Proficiency in MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
• Experience in fundraising, public relations, alumni relations or other related field. Experience working in a large, complex, organization, preferably in an academic environment.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service (phone/mail/in person) to donors, prospects, alumni and students and ensure a donor-centered and customer service oriented office.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems. Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail.
• Database experience such as Raisers Edge, DMS, Access or Excel.
• Evidence of ability to coordinate the work of multiple areas and staff members.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills as well as communication skills to include proactive dissemination of information.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, be highly productive, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure.
• Experience using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, html, donor management databases, and Google calendar.
• Ability to follow directions, take initiative, and follow through on assignments.
• Willingness to learn new technology as required.