This position will support a variety of areas and faculty in the Department of Diagnostic and Biological Sciences including but not limited to the Institute for Molecular Virology and the Basic Sciences Division in the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry. This position calls for an experienced professional who can multi-task, think proactively, work independently, and be part of a team of administrative professionals. This position interacts with students, staff, faculty, university administrators and community stakeholders within the School of Dentistry and beyond. An interest and experience in working with grant funded research and laboratories are ideal for this role.
Institute for Molecular Virology 40-60%-
- Placing virology lab orders by U-Market, vendors and by purchasing card; maintaining accurate order records; following up on delayed orders; ordering equipment and preparing asset receipt forms
- Prepare purchase orders for annual service contracts and other professional services
- Reconciling purchasing cards for others and self for virology lab reagents, supplies, travel, and general IMV programmatic activities
- Coordinate communications for facilities issues with Dental Engineering and Facilities Management
- Coordinate orientation of new students and researchers in virology labs regarding lab/office keys, after-hour security door access, and general new researcher orientation
- Prepare and distribute weekly mass IMV email announcements and reminders of seminars, journal clubs, lectures, abstract/application submission deadlines in a prompt and timely manner
- Communicate, schedule, organize agendas, and provide administrative support for meetings of the IMV advisory committee
- Provide administrative support for the IMV training program
- Communicate, schedule, organize agendas, and provide administrative support for meetings with IMV training program students; prepare and distribute mass emails for soliciting fellowship applications; assemble applications and distribute to IMV advisory committee for review; organize and provide support for review of fellowship applications; communicate with newly appointed and current fellows and assist in processing annual student appointments
- Provide admin support for IMV training program career development series lectures and symposium
- Coordinate room reservations for IMV events; set up rooms for event, order food and drinks, coordinating venue AV and WebEx videoconferencing, recording of participant attendance, etc.
- Make travel and hotel arrangements for IMV faculty, students, postdocs, and guests; prepare reimbursements (including international travel and wire transfers for international researchers) and processing electronic paperwork for honoraria for guests
- Make travel arrangements for IMV training program students; prepare reimbursements for student training-related travel and expenses associated with training program
- Provide overall support for two annual IMV symposia (1 local, 1 out of town) – make reservations for the venue, AV, hotel, catering as well as other arrangements; prepare, organize and print all materials included in abstract books following decisions made by IMV advisory committee; reimburse venue, vendors, hotel and travel expenses for IMV members and invited speakers/keynote speakers
- Facilitate the development of itineraries for IMV speakers and guests as well as coordinate the transport of speakers/guests around the UMN campus during the visit
- Maintain inventory and order replacements for IMV office supplies and office equipment
- Facilitate the design and updating of IMV and IMV training program brochures, event flyers, posters, and other promotional materials utilizing InDesign and Photoshop; coordinate interactions with appropriate vendors and production units
- Regularly maintain, collect updated information, and facilitate updating content on the IMV website and events calendar
- Work with grants management to correctly assign training and research expenses
- Distributing mail daily
- Miscellaneous office duties– coordinate shipping of packages, general communications to various school and university units, running errands, etc
- Other duties as assigned
Basic Sciences and Department Research support 40-60%
- Manage keys for all 18th floor lab spaces and other spaces as needed
- Support faculty in the Division of Basic Sciences with requests including calendaring, PCard purchases and reconciliation, ordering of laboratory supplies and invoicing, travel arrangements, meeting and event scheduling and coordination and similar duties.
- Receive and track invoices(mainly Matheson gas, but others as needed) for multiple labs
- Reconciling purchasing cards for others and self for supplies in various areas
- Preparing purchase orders for annual service contracts and other professional services
- Making travel arrangements for guests; reimbursing guests as needed
- Placing lab orders by Umarket and purchasing card; maintaining order records; following up on delayed orders; ordering equipment and preparing asset receipt forms
- Ordering other supplies as needed
- Process Sterilizer Monitoring Orders and department ISO– take orders and ship sterilizer monitoring kits, order additional kits, track and report invoices, etc.
- Coordinate lab coats and name tags for laboratories
- Monitor various lab accounts for spending
- Prepare reports on grants as needed including communicating and gathering budget information for supplies, etc.
- Miscellaneous office duties– shipping packages, requesting repairs, errands, etc
- Other duties as assigned
*This position is represented by a bargaining unit, AFSCME Clerical. Dues or fair share deductions will be made.*
Salary Range: $32,656.00 to $54,932.80 USD/year