At a senior level, performs moderately complex to complex work in the installation, programming, calibration, maintenance, repair, testing, trouble-shooting and inspection of fire detection, security alarm systems, access control, intercom, entry and CCTV video systems. Installs new systems, equipment changes and expansion of existing systems. Installs and maintains security access control systems. This position utilizes in-depth knowledge of best practices and experience in own discipline to provide and improve services. Takes a new perspective to solve complex problems. Works independently and receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May direct the work of other staff members.
- Installs, programs, documents, sets up, wires, calibrates, repairs or replaces fire detection equipment and signaling devices used to monitor, detect, indicate, report, or alarm the presence of high temperatures, smoke, or fire, or to contain and control the spread of fire. This includes field instrumentation, interposing relays, signal conditioners, fuse blocks, terminal assemblies and other equipment associated with the detection and remote monitoring of facility fire detection.
- Installs, programs, documents, sets up, wires, repairs or replaces CCTV video equipment used to obtain and transmit video signals between various locations. This includes cameras, digital video recorders, video management systems, fiber optic transmission, and control equipment.
- Repairs card access equipment and signaling devices used to control gates and other access points.
- Performs systems integration and programming so that systems can share common components and interaction occurs between systems.
- Uses computer software to generate reports, program systems and produce system documentation.
- Trains customers on use of assigned systems.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May direct the work of other staff members.
- Performs work by traveling independently or with a small crew to various locations as scheduled.