Financial Management & Planning Officer
San Jose State University
Job ID: 23934
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Code: 3318
Department: Budget & Risk Management
About the Position
The Financial Management and Planning Officer is responsible for providing programmatic oversight on high-level analytical, technical, and budgetary projects for the University Office of Budget & Risk Management. Under the general direction of the Director of Budget Planning & Risk Management, the incumbent will incorporate best practices as they engage in financial policy development and implementation, financial management, financial planning & analysis, budget allocation, and budget administration.
To ensure compliance with policy and statute, these duties are performed at various levels of accountability: system-wide, institutional, divisional, accounting fund, and departmental.
The purpose of this position is to:
1) develop, plan, implement, and administer business practices to ensure fiscal solvency and liquidity of assigned program areas;
2) provide staff support to university executives, managers and departmental budget analysts;
3) analyze, recommend, and implement policies and programs in support of institutional objectives and external mandates;
4) utilize and improve financial information systems and reporting tools; and
5) evaluate and improve service to customers. Primary program oversight areas include the university's position management system, self-supporting auxiliary enterprises (parking, housing, extended education, etc.), the State University Grant program (institutional aid), and a range of revenue analytics including multi-year trends and projections. The position will also provide direct customer service to the following cabinet-level divisions:
- University Advancement
- Student Affairs Division
- Information Technology
The position has access to confidential information which involves developing, preparing, and implementing confidential technical and administrative budget related decisions used by the Associate Vice President, Finance and Vice President of Administration & Finance/CFO (executive management), and participates in management caucuses for determining the campus position on sensitive financial planning issues, and for their use in strategic planning.
This is a position in the CSU - Management Personnel Plan (MPP), and serves at the pleasure of the President. This position will require adherence to University compliance training such as: Conflict of Interest and Ethics, AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention, Information Security, and Injury and Illness Prevention Program. The person hired for this position may be required to complete an outside employment disclosure statement in accordance with Title V of the California Code of Regulations.
To Apply: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs/
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency