About Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
This position provides planning, management, and coordination of administrative and financial activities for the Virginia Tech Copier Management Program and a satellite copier/digital print shop within Printing Services department. The Manager will work cooperatively with other service departments to provide expertise, leadership, insight and advocacy required to assure that the Virginia Tech campus community is provided with professional, high quality services. Reporting to the Executive Director of Business Services, specific responsibilities include serving as the primary point of contact for the department, contract administrator and liaison to contracted vendors, serving as primary point of contact for human resources functions including performance planning, position descriptions, and evaluations for staff. Uses excellent judgment and decision-making skills to ensure integrity and professionalism. Maintains professional and customer service demeanor in all interactions with a diverse clientele. With the assistance of clients and contracted vendor, analyze department and office copier and printer needs and make recommendations on placement of devices based on business needs and financial impact. In addition, every effort to support sustainability is required.
- Experience in copy management services and/or digital print management.
- Strong experience in the copier/print industry including a working knowledge of high speed/printer machines, servers for print devices, file protocols, printer driver installation, set up, and training for devices.
- Must possess a general knowledge of copying, printing, layout, and bindery work.
- Strong customer service experience
- Must be proficient in general computer skills and Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience managing budgets
- Valid Driver’s license
- Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Ability to understand copyright laws as they apply to the use of intellectual property in the higher education classroom.
- Must be able to lift and carry materials and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures, work with confidential and sensitive material and information, work collaboratively in a diverse university environment, and work independently and in a team environment to handle complex projects, prioritize and manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, or a related field.
- Experience in financial management and strategic planning.
- Previous contract administration experience.
- Previous experience as a vendor liaison or primary point of contact which included building and maintaining vendor relations.
- Experience in or serving high education clients.
- Experience in use of installations, maintenance and training on copier/printer devices.
- Experience developing and implementing standard operating procedures for departmental business functions.
- Working knowledge of Banner and/or PeopleAdmin.
- Knowledge of local area networks and network job submission methods.
- Knowledge of web services and electronic publishing platforms and technologies.
Employee Category: Staff (Salary)
Appointment Type: Regular
Percent Employment: Full-time
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
Review Date: 01/09/2017