- Master’s degree in Computer Science or highly related field.
- Recent teaching experience in Higher Education, Community College level preferred in Computer Sciences or Computer Information Systems.
- Familiarity with current trends in community college teaching and student success.
- Willingness to manage hardware and software used in class.
- Excellent oral, written, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to develop, implement, revise and maintain courses.
- Willingness to implement student retention-related activities, and participate in articulation with four-year schools and collaborations with area high schools.
- Create learning experiences which integrate emerging delivery methodologies to maximize student success, including, but not limited to, face-to-face, hybrid, web-enhanced, and online course delivery.
- Fluency with learning management systems and other instructional technology (e.g., Canvas, Moodle, or Black Board.
- Demonstrated commitment to the community college mission.
Worksite: Assignments may be made at any Massasoit site, which includes Brockton, Canton and Middleborough.
Supervisor: Reports Directly to Division Dean, Business and Technology.
Term of Appointment: Full-time, tenure track position. Terms governed by MCCC/MTA Agreement
Salary: $44,874.00 - $61,470.00 early commensurate with education and experience in conjunction with MCCC classification, Full Time State Funded with Benefits
Deadline to Apply: February 28, 2017
Please apply online with a cover letter and resume.
Please Note: Applicants MUST apply online. Faxed, emailed, or mailed in resumes and/or materials will NOT be accepted. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback on application statuses. Please refrain from contacting the hiring manager and/or hiring department via phone, email, fax, mail, third person party or vendor and in person. Failure to comply, may result in application withdrawal.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Yolanda Dennis, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, 508-588-9100 x1309, Brockton Campus, Administration Building, Room 229, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the College’s Affirmative Action Officer, Donna R. Boissel, Human Resources, 508-588-9100, x1505, Brockton Campus, Administration Building, Room 233, email@example.com, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
Women, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.