The Computational Biology Program at Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU), Portland, OR is committed to leading the development of next-generation patient care through discoveries made by big data analytics, enabled by values of open access data, open source code, highly collaborative team science, and professional software engineering methodologies.
Critical to achieving this mission, as a software developer, you will specialize in genomic, imaging, and clinical analysis applications, leveraging your talents to change the world in the fight against disease. You are: passionate about open-source software and transparent sharing of information, enthusiastic about working in a team that finds quantitative insights in complex data and develops interactive tools to enable clinicians and researchers to understand cancer, experienced in thinking analytically and developing software tool and an organized self-starter who enjoys creative freedom in solving computational challenges.
- Develop and extend analytics and data management applications to facilitate management and analysis of genomics, clinical, and imaging data.
- Establish and maintain standards for structured software & systems engineering, including requirements, design, code, test, quality, configuration & release management and project management.
- Provide documentation and user support allowing computational researchers across campus to access and re-use analysis tools.
- Maintain well-curated, highly structured, transparent omics, imaging, or clinical data resources.
- Develop tools to integrate commonly used open source bioinformatics software applications.
- Participate in leading international efforts aimed at establishing best practices and standards for genomic data representation and analysis.