This position provides critical financial support for the department including the management of operating and grant accounts, pre award proposal and budget preparation, post award financial analyses, award set up and closeout, and University and sponsor policy compliance. This position also maintains departmental websites, manages the billing for the Molecular Pathology Core, oversees purchase card reconciliation process for the department, and assists departmental staff with other administrative tasks as necessary.
- College degree with 2-4 years of related financial experience or a combination of education and experience
- Prior federal grant and contract experience strongly preferred
- Prior Workday experience preferred (but not required)
- Highly proficient in financial reporting and spreadsheet applications with attention to detail
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, administrative, and organizational skills with the ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced, multi-faceted work environment
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, ability to maintain confidentiality
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check.
Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter and resume with their applications.
Recruiting Start Date:2016-12-16-08:00
Job Posting Title:Financial/Grants & Administrative Coordinator
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.