| Cornell Health (CH) is a fully accredited ambulatory care center with more than 200 employees, committed to providing integrated and culturally sensitive medical, mental health, health promotion and public health services for the diverse Cornell community. CH is nationally recognized for innovation and leadership in the development of integrated, cost-effective, and community-based services and campus health initiatives.|
Under general supervision of the Administrative Support Coordinator, the Lead Clinical Administrative Assistant (LCAA) is responsible for managing the day to day administrative support for an Integrated Care Suite (ICS) and for cross-covering this function on other ICSs. The position coordinates support functions with the medical, mental health and nursing leadership in the ICS, and assures that all support activities are in compliance with policies and procedures. The position directly supervises 2-3 Clinical Administrative Assistants (CAAs), who support the professional staff on the unit and work with students to manage all aspects of their experience before and after their appointment.
The LCAA is responsible for maintaining a standard procedure book for front desk operations including training and reviewing with staff and recommending updates to the supervisor when needed. The position independently responds to patient advocate issues, concerns from other managers on the unit and professional staff. Manages support coverage for unit and collaborate with other Leads to ensure adequate staffing across units. Approves time off for staff and works with staff who are less than 12 months planning unpaid time off based on the duration of the appointment.
This position is OSHA category BBP1; TB1; ERG2
- Formal training beyond a high school diploma of at least 1 year
- 4 years experience working in a healthcare setting.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and maintain HIPAA compliance.
- Must be able to use an electronic health record, be confident in the use of software programs common in the office place.
- Work with a diverse population and work to increase diversity of staff whenever possible utilizing hiring strategies.
- This position is considered an Essential Employee, and must be willing to be on campus to meet the needs of students, research programs, or general operations when the university is in reduced operating status or closed.
- No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
- No relocation assistance is available for this position.
- Supervisory experience desirable
- 2 years of college coursework or Associates Degree
When applying through our system, please remember to attach your application materials (Cover letter and Resume/CV) in either Microsoft Word or PDF format. In the Experience section of your application, use the Paperclip icon to search for files or use the 'Drop Files Here' box to manually drag documents into your application.For a more detailed description and instructions on how to apply online please go to https://hr.cornell.edu/jobs/how-we-hire.
Please note: Cornell Employees must apply through the Internal Cornell Career site.
University Job Title:Administrative Asst IV
Pay Rate Type:Hourly
Contact Name:Timothy Glanton
Number of Openings:1
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.2016-12-19-08:00