General DescriptionThis position is the point person for Saturday operations at the Peabody Towson Preparatory. Will serve as the Towson Preparatory Receptionist for faculty, students and parents, providing a variety of customer information duties. Greets and directs student and parents. Monitors the building and the studios; manages the children and traffic flow as needed. Supports faculty with basic administrative needs. Securely opens and closes building. Provides office assistance necessary for the smooth flow of operations and activities. Assists with setting up and running special events, such as recitals.
Must be knowledgeable of the weekend activities and Towson Preparatory procedures and activities. While this position is primarily to provide coverage for weekly Saturday classes and occasional Sunday activities, there may also be opportunity to provide additional support and substitute weekday coverage on occasion.
Typical hours worked: 4-10 hours a week which must include a half day every Saturday.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for timely opening of building, and facilitate start-up of day (unlock front door and office, turn on lights in lobby and halls, check overnight phone messages, etc.)
- Securely close building after use, checking windows, doors, equipment requiring turn-off, lights, etc.
- Oversee access to locked areas & equipment (locked studios, AV equipment, etc.) by supervising use and return of keys.
- Deals with and/or refers problems that may arise to an appropriate responder and/or contact emergency personnel in an emergency (example: child locked in car, heating malfunctions, etc.)
- Provides friendly first point of contact for inquirers. Assist parents, students and general public with questions (re: catalog, room assignments, classes offered, events etc.)
- Take accurate phone messages for faculty and staff.
- Communicate necessary information to branch coordinator and office manager (supplies that need to be ordered, space requests needing approval, etc.)
- Operate office equipment and distribute mail. Â·Send and receive fax materials, particularly to maintain flow of information to and from downtown campus.
- Facilitate recitals and receptions; copy programs as needed, provide information for user regarding locations of tables, supplies, and assist with set up and running of the events as needed.
- Assist branch coordinator and office manager with production of typed information (letters, fliers) and bulletin boards on occasion as needed.