Department: Internal Medicine full-time 40 hrs. per week
Under the direction of the Principal Investigators and the Director of the Shared Resources Core of the Johns Hopkins Center to Eliminate Cardiovascular Health Disparities, the incumbent will perform data management activities that support the overall work of and research studies within the Center. The Center works to promote equity in health for at-risk populations through advancing scientific knowledge, promoting sustainable changes in practice and policy, partnering with communities, raising public awareness of health inequities, and training scholars. One of the research studies is a pragmatic cluster randomized trial to compare the effectiveness of two clinic-based interventions for reducing disparities and improving patient-centered outcomes among patients with hypertension. A total of 1890 patients will be enrolled from 30 different clinics. Sources of data include patient surveys and extracts from medical records. A second study will use community engagement strategies to improve the healthy eating habits of participants with kidney disease. The Research Data Manager will perform data management and programming functions for both trials, including creating and maintaining several databases, cleaning and validating data, generating reports, and performing descriptive analyses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Create a REDCap database for the primary data collection instruments, including programming skip patterns and logic checks * Create recruitment and participant tracking databases in REDCap or Access * Manage and update study databases prospectively * Create and maintain data dictionaries for datasets * Import electronic medical record extracted data from various sources and perform data cleaning * Train interviewers on performing data entry into REDCap and Access * Provide weekly/monthly updates to study team on recruitment, study follow-up and other metrics of quality control * Create horizontal, vertical, and time to event databases from data, update existing research databases to include new variables and changes to existing data fields * Develop standard analytical summary data files, produce descriptive reports, including tables and graphs * Perform quality assurance on data * Oversee quality control procedures for data collection/analysis * Follow best practices for maintaining data in a secure environment * Work collaboratively with other analysts/study coordinators/staff * Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in related discipline. Three years related experience.
* This position requires proficiency in REDCap, Access, and SAS.
* Must be able to work with inter-related databases.
* Must be organized and detail oriented.
* Must have excellent inter-personal communication and writing skills.
* Experience in longitudinal data management desired.
* Must be able to work independently after some guidance.
* Ability to work on multiple tasks, short deadlines.
Johns Hopkins University remains committed to its founding principle, that education for all students should be grounded in exploration and discovery. Hopkins students are challenged not just to learn but also to advance learning itself. Critical thinking, problem solving, creativity, and entrepreneurship are all encouraged and nourished in this unique educational environment. After more than 130... years, Johns Hopkins remains a world leader in both teaching and research. Faculty members and their research colleagues at the university's Applied Physics Laboratory have each year since 1979 won Johns Hopkins more federal research and development funding than any other university. The university has nine academic divisions and campuses throughout the Baltimore-Washington area. The Krieger School of Arts and Sciences, the Whiting School of Engineering, the School of Education and the Carey Business School are based at the Homewood campus in northern Baltimore. The schools of Medicine, Public Health, and Nursing share a campus in east Baltimore with The Johns Hopkins Hospital. The Peabody Institute, a leading professional school of music, is located on Mount Vernon Place in downtown Baltimore. The Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies is located in Washington's Dupont Circle area.