The Brown University Division of Advancement seeks qualified applicants for the position of Class Campaigns Officer / Senior Class Campaigns Officer.
Two positions are available.
The incumbent will organize, plan, and implement fundraising campaigns for assigned alumni classes, whether in a current reunion year or leading up to their reunion. Under the guidance of the Director of Class Campaigns and in collaboration with other officers within the unit, he/she will develop and execute fundraising strategies for the alumni in these classes in collaboration with volunteers and prospect managers, including identification, cultivation, and solicitation. He/she will also work with 25-50 top-level annual prospects toward securing annual unrestricted gifts at the leadership level ($2,500+, $5,000+, and $10,000+). Other responsibilities include: the recruitment and support of volunteers to serve as peer solicitors, shared supervision of a Class Campaigns Associate, and maximizing both dollars raised for the Brown Annual Fund and the class participation rate.
The incumbent's title and job grade will be determined by years of experience. The Class Campaigns Officer (JG 10) requires a bachelor's degree and 3-4 years related experience (e.g., fundraising, research, sales, marketing, volunteer management, etc.), or an equivalent combination of education and experience; the Senior Class Campaigns Officer (JG 11) requires a bachelor's degree and 5 years of related experience.
- Bachelorâ??s degree and 3-5 years related experience (e.g., fundraising, sales, marketing, volunteer management, etc.), or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to identify/solicit/cultivate/steward volunteers, donors, and/or prospects with the potential to give $1,000 to $1 million.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, management, and motivational skills; must be a â??self-starterâ??, with the ability to work independently and also as a member of a collaborative team.
- Comfort in dealing with a wide range of University constituencies.
- Proficiency with database, spreadsheet, and word processing applications (Microsoft Word, and Excel preferred), along with demonstrated comfort in dealing with calendar programs and the Internet.
- Some supervisory experience desirable.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter and resume with their applications.
Recruiting Start Date:2016-12-19-08:00
Job Posting Title:Class Campaigns Officer / Senior Class Campaigns Officer
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, sex, sex orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.