| POSITION DETAILSMedgar Evers College, The City University of New York (Medgar Evers) believes that education has the power to positively transform the lives of individuals, and that education is the right of all. A dynamic and vibrant institution, its mission is to provide higher education for the under served populations of Central Brooklyn through high-quality, professional and career-oriented undergraduate degree programs.A four-year liberal arts college, Medgar Evers is a beacon of educational opportunity, culture, and success to the New York City community and beyond. The College is dedicated to making a positive impact on the surrounding community and pioneering initiatives that will create success for even the youngest learners in Central Brooklyn. The Office of Academic Affairs (OAA) provides academic leadership to the College's academic programs. In keeping with the mission and goals of the College, it promotes outstanding teaching, research and scholarship.The Confidential Executive Associate reports to the Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs & Provost. Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:|
* Function as the Provost's Confidential Manager and representative in all sensitive matters relating to the Office of Academic Affairs(OAA)
* Oversee the development and maintenance of office operations and train, support and supervise the professional staff
* Assist in budget development and monitoring for the Academic Affairs and Student Affairs areas
* Manage programs, workshops, conferences, and on and off campus events involving the Office of Academic Affairs
* Communicate regularly with internal and external constituents, and handle sensitive communications and situations in a professional and collegial manner.
* Independently carry out a portfolio of projects relevant to the OAA and provide project management oversight for various initiatives.
* Develop, improve and implement processes to ensure the efficiency, consistency and quality of the work output of the Office of the Provost and the division of Academic Affairs.
* Manage the seamless flow of work between the Office of the Provost, Office of the President and the academic and administrative units of the College, The University and other constituencies.
* Assist with the resolution of highly sensitive and confidential administrative matters.
* Manage communications on behalf of the Provost; review and edit written and electronic communications to ensure they reflect the proper message and tone and draft and format correspondence related to areas of responsibility.
* Conduct research in response to the initiatives of the Office of Academic Affairs, make recommendations, prepare relevant reports.
* Research issues of importance and sensitivity, and gather briefing materials for the Provost.QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.Preferred Qualifications
* Advanced degree preferred
* Ability to establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships including working effectively as a team member of the Office of the Provost and working with a diverse campus constituency;
* Exceptional project management and organizational skills as demonstrated by excellent attention to detail, the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment, strong follow-up skills, and the ability to respond effectively to competing priorities;
* Excellent research and writing skills;
* Advanced skill in use of technology as demonstrated by proficiency using Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and web based content management systems and skills presenting data in easy to read, high impact formats; and
* Strong knowledge of office management principles, methods and procedures coupled with a successful record of managing employees.CUNY TITLE OVERVIEWSupports a Campus or University Executive as a confidential assistant in a variety of activities and initiatives as a key team member.
* Organizes and manages projects involving different areas of the Campus or University community, with responsibility for project outcomes
* Represents the Executive's unit in Campus or University-wide activities, including committees, special initiatives, and implementation of new processes or technology
* Independently carries out a portfolio of responsibilities under the Executive's purview, such as approvals, student interactions, and monitoring of key activities
* Manages communications within and outside the unit related to areas of responsibility
* May serve as Manager of a large Executive Office
* Performs related duties as assigned.This position is excluded from union representation.CUNY TITLEHigher Education AssociateFLSAExemptCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITSSalary commensurate with education and experience.CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.HOW TO APPLYTo apply, go to www.cuny.edu to access the employment page. Click the "search job postings" link, followed by the "Managerial/Professional" link. Click the Job ID #15631 to review the posting and apply. Please upload your letter of interest and current resume.CLOSING DATERe-openedOpen until filled, with resume review to begin on December 21, 2016.JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Medgar Evers College*Job Title:
* Confidential Executive Associate - Office of Academic Affairs*Job ID:
* 15631*Full/Part Time: