Contra Costa Community College District
Business Assistant Professor
Posting Number: F00260
Location: Diablo Valley College
Description of Position
Full-time, tenure-track position in the Business Administration Department, part of the Business Division. The business professor will provide quality learning opportunities that assist students in meeting their educational and career goals in general business programs. The teaching emphasis for this position will be e-business/e-commerce and digital marketing with secondary assignments in general or international business, entrepreneurship, management, statistics, real estate, business law, and/or accounting. In addition to CCCCD faculty duties and responsibilities listed below, the preferred applicant will have work experience in the areas of e-business/e-commerce and digital marketing, a willingness to meet with and advise students, the ability to promote a positive and creative learning environment for a diverse population of students, and an interest in community outreach.
Contact Diablo Valley College Office of Instruction at 925-969-2004
Position Status: Tenured Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Full-Time Faculty
Department: D3600-Business Administration
Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to contractual duties, all full-time faculty are expected to participate actively in their disciplines, department activities, and the general intellectual life and governance of the college. Part of the teaching assignment may be in the evening and/or online. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. advancing student learning through dedicated, exemplary instruction in accordance with established course outlines;
2. promotion of student course completion, achievement of certificates/degrees, and transfer eligibility;
3. developing and implementing student learning outcomes assessment processes for courses and programs;
4. collaborating in the development and revision of curriculum and in program review;
5. engaging in department program improvement initiatives;
6. participating in department, division, and college committees;
7. participating in professional development activities, both departmental and college-wide;
8. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter area and effective teaching/learning strategies;
9. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
10. informing students of course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements;
11. preparing and grading class assignments and examinations and informing students of their academic progress;
12. maintaining attendance, scholastic, and personnel records and submitting them according to published deadlines;
13. posting and holding sufficient and regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy;
14. participating in Colleges shared governance processes.
The applicant must possess one of the following qualifications (earned degrees must be from an accredited college/university):
1. Masters in business, business management, business administration, accountancy, finance, marketing, or business education; OR
2. Bachelors in any of the above AND masters in economics, personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree; OR
3. Bachelors in economics with a business emphasis AND masters in personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree; OR
4. A valid California Community College Instructor Credential authorizing full-time instruction in Business and Industrial Management or Marketing and Distribution; OR
5. The equivalent. If you do not possess the EXACT minimum qualifications (i.e. you do not possess the exact degree listed) and believe that you meet the minimum qualifications via equivalency, please fill out the equivalency petition form in the document section of the online application. Additionally, if you are unsure that you meet the minimum qualifications, please fill out the equivalency petition.
1. Demonstrated commitment to student learning and to the success of all students in the open-access learning environment of a community college including promotion of campus equity and inclusive activities for specific underserved populations;
2. Demonstrated sensitivity to issues of diversity and ability to motivate and teach community college students of diverse
ethnic and racial backgrounds, sexual preference, genders, cultures, and learning styles, as well as students with disabilities or varied levels of academic preparation;
3. Demonstrated work experience in the areas of e-business/e-commerce and digital marketing;
4. Commitment to full-time teaching with limited engagement in outside business/entrepreneurial activities.
5. Ability to utilize technology to facilitate learning, to create and manage courses in an online learning management system, and to access data, maintain records, generate reports, and communicate with others.
6. Ability to assume faculty responsibilities beyond the classroom in a shared governance environment, including student advising, participation on college committees, student club advising, community outreach, and administrative department duties.
Job Open Date: 12/07/2016
Job Close Date: 3/2/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: August 2017
# of Months: 10
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency