Contra Costa Community College District
Photograhy Adjunct Instructor
Posting Number: F00251
Location: Diablo Valley College
Salary: $59.70 - $84.36 per hour
Description of Position
ART160: Photography I
This course presents an introduction to black and white film photography offering students a working knowledge of the basics of traditional darkroom photography, including history, theory and practice. Film scanning and digital photography will also be introduced. The technical aspects of photography along with the historical and contemporary role of photography in visual expression, including contributions from diverse cultures will be explored. Class critiques will be used to analyze and discuss photographic images as a form of personal expression and communication. Students will produce a portfolio of photographs.
Hopi Breton Faculty, Applied and Fine Arts 925-969-2261 firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: D3010-Art & Photography
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
The applicant must possess one of the following qualifications (earned degrees must be from an accredited college/university):
1. Masters degree in photography, fine arts, or art; OR
2. Bachelors degree in any of the above AND a masters degree in art history or humanities; OR
3. A valid California Community College Instructor Credential authorizing full-time instruction in photography; OR
4. The equivalent. If you do not possess the EXACT minimum qualifications (i.e. you do not possess the exact degree listed) and believe that you meet the minimum qualifications via equivalency, please fill out the equivalency petition form in the document section of the online application. Additionally, if you are unsure that you meet the minimum qualifications, please fill out the equivalency petition.
1. Demonstrated commitment to student learning and to the success of all students in the open-access learning environment of a community college.
2.Demonstrated sensitivity to issues of diversity, and ability to motivate and teach community college students of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds, sexual orientations, genders, cultures, and learning styles, as well as students with disabilities or varied levels of academic preparation.
3. Familiarity with wet lab darkroom usage.
4. Knowledge of current best practices in photography.
5. Teaching or other instructional experience in photography.
6. Current exhibition record in photography.
Job Open Date: 10/20/2016
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Begins: January 2017
# of Months: on going
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency