Prince George's Community College transforms students' lives. The college exists to educate, train, and serve our diverse populations through accessible, affordable, and rigorous learning experiences. We are proud to boast of a multi-talented and diverse workforce as well as offering a competitive benefits package and services that will add to your potential and work/life balance. We are looking to attract and retain individuals who are committed to helping our students succeed. In return, you will find PGCC an exciting place to work and grow.
The Sports Information Coordinator will perform a variety of public information functions
including the publicity and promotion of the college athletic programs. This may be achieved
through the use of announcements, news releases, and publications which may be distributed to
the media and the community; through the college’s athletic website; and through direct requests
- High school diploma or equivalent, four to five years of related experience or required course work/certification and or specialized skills/training or a combination of relevant higher education and experience.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Journalistic writing and reporting techniques;
- Proper English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation;
- Principles and procedures of record keeping;
- Sporting rules and regulations along with statistical collection methodology;
- Functions and keystrokes of PrestoSports in-game statistical software;
- Basic mathematical principles used in statistical computations;
- Computer and Internet operation, including basic website maintenance;
- Modern office procedures, methods and equipment.
- Ability to communicate orally and verbally
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to deal with students, faculty and staff in a profession manner
- Knowledge of computers, scoreboards, and other athletic equipment
- Contributes to positive work environment