Prince George's Community College transforms students' lives. The college exists to educate, train, and serve our diverse populations through accessible, affordable, and rigorous learning experiences. We are proud to boast of a multi-talented and diverse workforce as well as offering a competitive benefits package and services that will add to your potential and work/life balance. We are looking to attract and retain individuals who are committed to helping our students succeed. In return, you will find PGCC an exciting place to work and grow.
Responsible for assisting all areas of the intercollegiate athletic program and the college intramural program, under the supervision of the Athletics Director. Responsible for overseeing all aspects of athletic events including planning, scheduling, facilities reservation set?up, officials, equipment, game day operation, and break down. Also, assist in making sure the college is compliant with all NJCAA rules and regulations as well as those of the college. Assist the Athletic Success Coordinator with all aspects of academic retention. Also, develop and assist in other programs held on campus outside of athletic competition; for example pep rallies, Welcome Back week events, Spirit week events, intramural events, and outside organization events.
- High school diploma or equivalent, four to five years of related experience or required course work/certification and or specialized skills/training or a combination of relevant higher education and experience.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Ability to communicate orally and verbally
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to deal with students, faculty and staff in a profession manner
- Knowledge of computers, scoreboards, and other athletic equipment
- Contributes to positive work environment
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to write and conduct presentations.
- Effective organization and prioritization skills.
- Experience with fundraising