| The Financial Analyst will have oversight responsibilities for the University's debt, liquidity and short-term investment pools, and will help develop a wide variety of important strategic initiatives, such as the University's capital planning process, long-range financial planning, and others.|
The Financial Analyst's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1) Gauge and forecast the University's operating liquidity position
2) Monitor and report on the Central Bank's financial performance by reviewing its financial reports and performing risk sensitivity analyses
3) Help manage the University's access to the capital markets, including new debt issuance, commercial paper rolls I floating rate program resets, and $2 billion revolver re-negotiation
4) Provide financial analytics in relation to the University's access to the capital markets, including new debt issuance, commercial paper rolls I floating rate program resets, and $2 billion revolver re-negotiation
5) Collaborate with other groups within the central finance area (including the Office of Financial Strategy & Planning and the Office of the Controller) on various high-visibility projects for the University's CFO, President and Corporation
6) Communicate with external stakeholders, including credit rating agencies, investment banks, external counsel, state debt issuing authority, and others.
Please note: Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background screening.
Harvard University is unable to provide work authorization and/or visa sponsorship.
This position has a 90-day orientation and review period.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
More about Financial Administration Department: http://finance.harvard.edu/home
Harvard's Financial Administration Department (FAD) is dedicated to supporting the teaching and research missions of Harvard University by providing outstanding financial services to the Harvard community; by providing support, guidance and consultation; by working to ensure compliance with University and federal guidelines; by mitigating risk; and by promoting the financial health of the University.
FAD is responsible for oversight of the University's finances, including efficient and accurate transaction processing, financial reporting, budgeting and financial planning, cash and debt management, internal audit services, risk management and sponsored program administration, and administrative systems services.
The department, led by the Vice President for Finance (VPF), is comprised of eight reporting units:
Financial Systems Solutions
Office of the Controller
Office of Finance and Administration
Office of Financial Strategy and Planning
Office for Sponsored Programs
Office of Treasury Management
Risk Management and Audit Services
To consistently deliver high-quality, innovative service and leadership in financial planning, analysis, operations and compliance, in support of Harvard's teaching and research objectives.
We aspire to provide the Harvard community with outstanding financial services to enable the dissemination of knowledge and the advancement of intellectual discovery. We commit to steward the University's assets efficiently, such that resources are assured for current and future generations of faculty and students.
Salary Grade: 058
Union: 00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary