- Assists in evaluating and improving office systems and procedures, as needed. Provides support for the development of administrative systems.
- Responsible for the administration of several lab based management systems including the inspection management system, personal protective equipment database and LabPoint door safety information placarding. Maintains user accounts, troubleshooting and provides technical assistance to users including data entry, report creation and general administration. Meets with customers to provide in person training and assistance when requested. Meets with outside vendors to help prioritize departmental needs and facilitate enhancements.
- Maintains records for the lab safety group and other EHS functional areas – biosafety, radiation, etc. Harmonizes these records with EHS Department record retention systems.
- Responsible for editing online content and providing updates to the EHS department website.
- Provides editorial and version support for a wide range of materials, including policies, correspondence, informational materials, reports, support documentation, web site, intranet, etc.
- Provides administrative support for the Laboratory Safety Committee and other committee and project teams. Maintains rosters and meeting minutes and schedules meetings as required.
- Enters data and customer activity reports and produces summary reports. Follows-up with customers and internal staff requiring assistance with computer applications, such as training database, risk assessment databases, chemical inventory updates and others.
- Prepares and processes staff purchase requisitions, expense/travel reports, inter-departmental invoices and similar transactions on behalf of the office.
- Works in close association with EHS office staff to ensure timeliness and responsiveness of all office services. Assists with special projects as assigned working in a team environment.
- Manages and coordinates response schedule for general lab safety email inquiries.
- Provides intermittent office support, such as: answering phones, editing documents, arranging appointments, scheduling meetings, developing EH&S data-management systems and coordinating training sessions, materials and schedules. Provides for media, space, and catering needs; assists with coordination of department events; prioritizes mail; maintains active and archive files; manages office space, equipment, supplies; prepares meeting materials, announcements, and agendas for staff needing support.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Laboratory Safety Administrative Coordinator provides operations and administrative support to all members of the laboratory safety team and the greater Environmental, Health, and Safety office which includes programs, systems and services.
Salary Grade: 053
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers