The University of Minnesota's Facilities Management (FM) department is responsible for the physical assets of the University to ensure a quality environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors in support of the University's mission of teaching, research and outreach. FM maintains 23 million square feet, with an annual budget of approximately $175 Million. FM Technical Services is a department within FM/Central Services and serves as the University's in house maintenance and installation unit for security systems on the Twin Cities campus.
The Electromechanical Systems Specialist performs skilled-level installation, programming, testing, maintenance, and repair of video surveillance, alarm, card access, and emergency communication systems.
• Installs, programs, and tests video surveillance, alarm, card access, and emergency communication systems.
• Advises system designer on application needs. Interface with contractors, ensuring correct placement of devices.
• Documents initial programming and all programming changes.
• Consults with end users, providing training for both new and existing systems.
• Maintains and repairs video surveillance, alarm, card access, and emergency communication systems. Evaluates undocumented and custom designed systems. Uses appropriate procedures for documenting repairs and parts usage.
• Documents all maintenance, repairs and field changes.
• Enters time, materials, and other job related data into the COMPASS billing system.
This position will operate mostly on job sites across the Twin Cities campus. This position may be exposed to extreme weather conditions, construction sites, confined spaces and potentially hazardous conditions where hearing, visual protection, and other personal protective equipment may be required. It may be required to walk, climb and crawl in various weather conditions to physically access and view work sites.