This position will be responsible for the Divisionâ??s non-compensation related budgets and projections, as well as related financial reporting and analysis. Assists the Manager, Accounting and Budget with the budget process, strategic plan and year-end closing. Besides unrestricted operating funds, this position will also oversee all endowment, gift and agency activity. This position develops management reports and assists senior management by providing decision making tools for endowment growth and planned utilization, gift account balances and tracking of pledges. COVER LETTER AND RESUME REQUIRED.
- Bachelorâ??s Degree (Accounting/Finance/Business preferred) with a minimum of 3 years accounting/budget/financial experience or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Relevant and significant experience with accounting and financial data with computerized budget/accounting systems.
- Experience developing spreadsheets and using databases for analysis and operational support.
- Experience with Workday a plus but not required.
- Audit experience a plus but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills with the ability to work effectively both independently and as a productive member of a team.
- Detail-oriented and accuracy-focused.
- Excellent customer service skills
CRIMINAL AND EDUCATION CHECK REQUIRED
Recruiting Start Date:2016-12-19-08:00
Job Posting Title:Accounting and Budget Analyst
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.