Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, supports the College by managing employee relations processes, including creating & revising policies and procedures for investigations discipline and grievances. Creates/ acquires and deploys resources tools and training for managers and employees to handle conflicts. Counsels, advises and makes decisions - in accordance with policy and practice - on progressive discipline, terminations for cause, layoffs and other employee separations. Represents the College in all labor relations issues, including labor negotiations and the grievance process. Reviews legislative and regulatory changes and devises & implements changes in policies, practices & procedures. Broadly responsible for all aspects of HR compliance, to include EEO laws, leave administration (FMLA, Mass. Sick Leave, Mass. Parental Leave, Small Necessities Leave, workplace injury & Worker's Comp (with Benefits staff, etc.). Broadly responsible for diversity initiatives within HR and chief liaison to Chief Diversity Officer and other college diversity activities. Manage exit interview/survey process and other processes to assess departmental culture and employee climate/engagement. Represent HR in College threat assessment, hate crime & related processes.
- Reviews, creates and revises ER policies and procedures. Creates and maintains accessible records of all ER issues, including union grievances.
- Creates investigation policies & procedures.
- Trains supervisors, managers & HR staff on conducting investigations & making disciplinary decisions.
- Creates implements conflict management training for supervisors, managers & employees; maintains records of attendees.
- Advises managers/department heads on labor relations issues.
- Interprets the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Consults with internal and external counsel.
- Represents the College in labor negotiations, in grievances, at arbitration and at administrative hearings before NLRB or other agencies.
- Maintains bargaining history records.
- Track legislative and regulatory changes and create or revise responsive policies and procedures; communicate changes and train managers and employees on same; liaise with professional organizations and colleagues for input on proposed changes and best practices for implementation.
- Advise managers and employees on leave issues. Interpret laws, regulation and college policies. Advise on best practices for reporting time off, manager and HR tracking of leave, etc.
- Responsible for oversight of diversity initiatives within all divisions of HR. Advise as to best practices.
- Serve as HR liaison to College diversity initiatives, including CDO Office, Office of Multicultural Education, etc.
- Exit interviews/employee engagement. Create exit interview tools, conduct exit interviews. With Assessment & Research conduct periodic job satisfaction/engagement surveys and/or participate in external programs to gauge employee engagement (e.g. Best Places to Work)
- Serve as HR representative to threat assessment, hate crime & other similar College committees.