Under the supervision of the Jazz Composition Chair, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for the daily operations of the Jazz Comp office, including the implementation of efficient departmental office systems for use by students, faculty, and staff. The Administrative Assistant performs regular office duties as needed by the department, supervises work/study students, and assists with general departmental business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs regular office duties as needed by the department including ordering and managing office supplies within the annual budget, filing, copying, scheduling printer maintenance, keeping stock of required forms, answering telephone/email/in-person enquiries, processing incoming and outgoing mail/packages, coordinating room assignments for special events and conference rooms, overseeing the general office maintenance and security.
- Provides services to the Jazz Composition Chair including taking minutes at faculty meetings, filing department Add Comp, booking appointments, arranging special staff meeting and events, spreadsheets for scheduling, service, printing and updating of advising materials
- Handles special event and visiting artist logistics including creation and printing of promotional materials, room and venue booking, poster design, online promotion, liaison with artist reps, collection of W-9 info and arranging payment of honoraria, arranging hotels and other services.
- Provides services to students (answering phone/email/in-person enquiries, arranging students to meet the chair and faculty, providing any required forms, entering waivers into Colleague, liaising with the Graduation Coordinator on credits assigning issues, appropriate posting of information on bulletin boards and web pages).
- Hiring and supervising work/study students (training, assigning work, monitoring results, monitoring time sheets, and giving evaluations).
- Updating the department web site and department facebook and event pages (collating update information like text/pictures/PDF, writing HTML updates, posting updates online).