This is a 75% position.
The primary focus of this position is support for the Center for Orphan Drug Research (CODR) and, secondarily, other ECP personnel housed in the Lions/McGuire Translational Research Facility. Duties include, but are not limited to, program planning, financial management, office management, and organizational support.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
70% Center for Orphan Drug Research (CODR) Administrator-
- Provide primary administrative support for CODR office and first point of contact for CODR inquiries
- Manage CODR finances including preparation and monitoring of the Center budget and monitoring of project budgets
- Advise and consult with CODR Director on critical issues
- Propose agenda and schedule for CODR business meetings
- Compose, edit and distribute documents such as the CODR’S summary of accomplishments (Annual Report), business meeting minutes, progress reports, project tables, keeping track of posters and poster display, etc
- Coordinate and implement special activities such as outreach events (ex: Rare Disease Day, Graduate School Showcase) and educational programs such as CODR seminars and conferences
- Maintain and update CODR website
- Assist with administrative aspects of preparing grant proposal and manuscripts
- Maintain electronic and paper files and records, manage faculty calendars, arrange travel to professional meetings and presentations, make conference reservations, etc.
- Complete purchasing card justification forms for credit card purchases
- Reconcile purchasing card purchases using the Enterprise Financial System (EFS)
30% McGuire Translational Research Facility (MTRF) Administrator-
- Negotiate laboratory instrument service contracts, manage periodic maintenance of instruments, arrange annual pipette calibration, bio safety cabinet certification (once a year)
- Aid in decision-making and negotiations regarding the purchase of new office and laboratory equipment, i.e. gather preliminary information, compare product details, obtain price estimates from multiple vendors, etc
- Create purchase requisitions using the EFS
- Place orders for laboratory supplies and equipment
- Renew licenses and professional memberships to associations, academies, societies, etc.
- Create expense reports for travel reimbursements and business expenses using the EFS
- Handle shipping and receipt of research samples and related items, create FedEx shipments
- Ensure adequate inventory of office supplies
- Assist incoming faculty/staff/students/visitors with building and lab access and use of AHC computers with shared network drives
- Communicate MTRF ECP personnel needs with Academic Health Center Facilities Management and Information Services, i.e. office renovation, server access, computer repair and purchase, equipment transfer, housekeeping, electrical and plumbing issues, etc.
- Represent CoP in Biomedical Discovery District Council