The Academic Department Manager oversees the financial, administrative and human resources operations for the Department of Chemistry, ensuring that financial and administrative practices conform to University policies. The manager develops and implements internal procedures and protocols and plays a critical leadership role in support of budget management and analysis, supervision of administrative staff, student affairs, and research administration within the department. The incumbent works closely with the department faculty chair to facilitate short and long range strategic planning and the allocation of financial and human resources and supports the chair regarding the articulation of policies, protocols and other communications. The ideal candidate will be exceptionally well-organized; have a strong aptitude for learning new computer applications; and have expertise in the management and oversight of externally funded research grants.
- Bachelor's degree, plus 5 to 7 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Experience in an academic setting preferred.
- Financial and budgeting experience required with experience in supporting pre- and post-award activities related to externally funded grants.
- Experience supervising staff required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with strong aptitude for learning new systems, such as Workday, Interfolio, COEUS, Grants.GOV, Banner, FileMaker Pro.
- Criminal background check and education verification required.
Recruiting Start Date:2016-12-01-08:00
Job Posting Title:Academic Department Manager
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, sex, sex orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.