Web Administrator 1 - 73517
Web Administrator 1 / Web Content Manager
SCID is a center under the Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research (SIEPR) that supports research on international economic development and public policy. SCIDs objectives are to promote faculty and student research on contemporary challenges in international development, and foster exchange between Stanford scholars and foreign academics and policymakers. To this end, SCID supports research initiatives that unite Stanford faculty working on different areas of international economic development, including governance and service delivery in Africa, health policy in China, and global productivity and economic growth. SCID also sponsors a number of events, including faculty workshops, high-level policy conferences, and visiting scholar programs. SCID disseminates findings through working papers, policy notes, and online material.
The main responsibilities of the Web Content Manager at the Stanford Center for International Development (SCID) are to, under direct supervision, coordinate the planning, maintenance, and accessibility of Stanford owned and generated website content and content-related services. The Web Content Manager will also ensure the layout, positioning, navigation, and look and feel of content is consistent across the organization.
We are seeking a highly motivated and energetic self-starter to take an active role in crafting and managing the Centers online presence. The successful candidate should be detail-oriented and be able to support multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a friendly and efficient team member to provide informed, coordinated, timely, and pro-active support. This is a 75% FTE, 12 months fixed term, benefits eligible position. This position might be extended or modified after the initial term contingent on SCID program needs and budget.
- Ensure new pages are user friendly and link properly with existing pages and that people can navigate easily and be linked seamlessly with other relevant Stanford web pages.
- Coordinate and oversee the editorial and quality assurance process with content creators, such as writers and web designers.
- Optimize web content for end user performance. Work may include reformatting text, assuring hyperlink integrity, transferring and translating files, and posting of new material to the page involving HTML scripting. May maintain web site content and information flow.
- Assist in building the underlying web site platform(s) for new and migrating websites as needed.
- Find, diagnose, and fix content problems, including broken links, typographical errors, and formatting inconsistencies. Perform website administration, such as setting provisions and managing access and workflows.
- Work with developers and users to develop highly functional user interfaces for web-based applications.
- Work with business units to maintain existing content and develop new content to promote programs and services.
- Compile, analyze, and report statistics regarding all relevant website matrix.
- Assist in the maintenance of security processes and procedures to ensure site security.
- Answer questions from site visitors, or redirect messages to the appropriate person(s).
- Maintain department style standards.
- Review upcoming events, seminars, research reports, specialized journals, and university newsletters for possible leads to news and feature stories.
- Assist in the production of content for the applicable unit website.
- Assist in the implementation of and support program communication efforts, including timely creation and editing of emails and newsletters; promote news stories to targeted media.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
THIS IS A ONE YEAR, FIXED-TERM POSITION.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Clear understanding of web standards and usability methods.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Familiarity with web publishing tools.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and related web site development technologies and software.
- Knowledge of multimedia and design.
- Proficiency with relational database technology, SQL, Access, and Filemaker Pro.
- General knowledge of office applications.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Frequently sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Strong visual acuity.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
About Stanford University
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of Californias Silicon Valley, is one of the worlds leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000 which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability to promote healthy and fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED OF ALL FINAL CANDIDATES.
FOR CONSIDERATION PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER.
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: Dean of Research
Job Code: 4851