Education & Experience:
- A minimum high school diploma or GED required, an associate’s degree preferred, with at least 3-5 years of experience working in law enforcement, security and/or military.
- Adult CPR with First Aid and Automatic External Defibrillation (AED) certification required within 90 days of hire if not already held
- FEMA Courses IS100, IS200, IS700 and IS800
- Ability to obtain and maintain an armed St Louis Metro Secuity License
- Background Check (MVR)Hi
- Knowledge of current security regulations and student code of conduct policy/procedure commonly associated with post-secondary educational facilities
- Ability to assess and act prudently and quickly in crisis situations and deal with responses to emergencies
- Strong knowledge of and skills with technology including computer software programs for data collection, decision making, communication; including, but not limited to, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of access control procedures and concepts
- Knowledge and ability to operate CCTV system
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written, and the ability to interpret and explain information to a variety of persons and groups.
- Strong conflict resolutions skills.
- Ability to value diversity and demonstrate commitment to equity, inclusion, and culturally respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or educational backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as the ability to work independently toward department goals.
The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms, hear and talk. The employee may be required to run, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, climb, balance, taste, and smell. May be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with the aid of moving equipment, if needed. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Apply online and submit a cover letter, resume/CV and references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
St. Louis College of Pharmacy is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/M/F/V/D