St. Louis College of Pharmacy is currently seeking outstanding candidates to fill the position of research office manager. This position will coordinate an effective and efficient research support infrastructure for the research mission of St. Louis College of Pharmacy (STLCOP). Initial responsibility will be to create a research office, whose mission will be to promote, support and administer research and sponsored projects. The new research infrastructure will provide support across the pre- and post-award research lifecycle, including research development, proposal review and approval, grant, contract, account management, financial reporting, effort certification, and Uniform Guidance compliance. The administrator will develop and implement critical research policies and procedures, educate faculty and staff regarding the internal and external policies and procedures regarding research, and monitor organizational compliance with such policies.
- Responsible for creating culture of research support, administration, and infrastructure. Recommend, develop and implement research policies and procedures. Manage the communication, administration, and training for research-related policies.
- Work with faculty to identify potential research opportunities, provide consultation, develop and maintain a database of research interests.
- Advise faculty on application preparation, sponsor forms and certifications, internal and external endorsements, and advise/assist with letters of intent and collaboration agreements. Manage the internal administrative review of grant proposals.
- Manage and implement terms and conditions of research agreements and subagreements with sponsoring agencies. Serve as the liaison to agencies for funded projects, including negotiation of revisions and other contractual issues.
- Obtain institution credentialing and systems access for proposal submission to NIH, other federal government, and other sponsors. Create a database of submitted proposals, disposition, and success rates.
- Facilitate establishment of award accounts. Coordinate the transfer of grants. Track research salary funding and support payroll function. Design and implement tracking system to monitor activity related to time and effort reporting.
- Create purchasing guidelines and a system for purchasing and delivery of research equipment and supplies. Approve purchasing to ensure utilization, budget authority, and compliance.
- Create systems for research expenditure management, tracking and compliance. Prepare and analyze monthly financial reports on all research accounts, reconciling funds as necessary. Support Principal Investigators in financial matters and budget changes.
- Provide oversight for the responsibility of recordkeeping, reporting and approval procedures for funded projects to ensure compliance.
- Ensure required reports are submitted appropriately and on time. Assist faculty with project closeout and final reporting requirements.
- Manage overall compliance of externally funded sponsored research and contract.
- Identify research compliance responsibilities for investigators and staff; implement user-friendly solutions for training compliance.
- Complete special projects as directed by senior management.