Classification Title: FT Administrator
City/Campus: Detroit - McNichols
Department: Dean's Office-Engr and Sci
Position Status: Full Time
The co-op program’s primary purpose is to shepherd engineering students from late adolescence through professional practice and preparation into early career success. The co-op coordinator plays a critical part in the process by guiding the engineering student on their journey. The work begins at orientation, continues through the co-op courses, and through the engagement with employers on behalf of the students and culminates in the student graduating with a suitable job offer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) Work closely with faculty as co-instructor for all co-op related courses (faculty are involved since courses are set to satisfy elements of the core curriculum)
(2) Coach students in developing the skills and materials to find employment, including online profiles, resumes, interviewing skills, cover letters, email and other communication standards, and portfolios, particularly those having difficulty in finding a co-op position. Stay in frequent contact (using multiple mediums) with students regarding co-op obligations and opportunities.
(3) Communicate with faculty and administration in supporting students’ co-op search.
(4) Developing a suite of co-op related events, including career fairs, information sessions, onsite interviews, and other networking events for students.
(5) Coordinate the student-co-op/employer interactions to maximize students’ opportunity to get COOPs.
(6) Develop and maintain good relationships with employers and co-op partners, including site visits and the resolution of any issues that may arise with the co-op experience of students or the program.
(7) Maintain a detailed database of co-op partner and student information.
(8) Administer required surveys and assessment of employers and students and provide information for ABET assessment of engineering programs and assists in collecting information on graduating/graduated students.
All other duties as assigned.