This position will remain open until a successful candidate has been identified.
New position, in support of Clinical Practice Operations. Reports to Director, Enterprise Reporting and Associate CFO, Clinical Practice Organization. This position performs objective and advanced level work in support of efforts to direct the fiscal administration of the Clinical Practice Organization. The CPO report writer is charged with providing expert analytic services to all levels of management within UC San Diego Health, including, but not limited to, the coordination and development of physician productivity and compensation reporting, including supporting compensation plans for faculty and MSP staff physicians in accordance with department and CPO compensation guidelines. Ensures that faculty compensation is consistently reported with approved department compensation plans and ensures that reports are accurate and delivered in a timely manner. Also responsible for operational reporting such as access, patient satisfaction and productivity. The report writer will be responsible for generating real-time reports in reporting workbench, Epic Radars, Crystal and WebI reports
Involves the development and implementation of the organization's information systems and tools that are applied to clinical information. Works closely with clinicians across all hospital / healthcare departments to optimize effective use of systems. Coordinates analytical support for health management, including profiling, health economics, and business analytics / performance metrics. Defines systems and applications to support various functions. May provide customer service, troubleshooting and maintenance. Applies skills and experience as a seasoned clinical informatics professional to projects of medium size at all levels of complexity, or portions of large projects.
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 12/13/2016 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible Disability Counseling and Consulting services (DCC) or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for assistance.
- Three (3) or more years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in health care information technology, computer science, or related area, and / or equivalent combination of experience / training.
- Professional level experience working with clinical information systems and developing reports.
- Intermediate level capabilities with MS Access and MSSQL server and related technologies.
- Knowledge and intermediate level experience working with Transact SQL, Crystal Reports 11, OLAP structures and/or other related technologies.
- Extensive experience and working knowledge of all MS office products.
- Knowledge and experience of database management technologies.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to working a group setting and group projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple projects independently, setting priorities to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills, presentation and report writing.
- EPIC Certification.
- Advanced level experience with database management and various third-party report building tools such as Crystal Reports, Cognos, SAS, and others.
- Experience in a large, complex healthcare environment.
- EPIC Data and Clarity Data Mode.
- Clinical Informatics Professional III will be required to be certified in assigned EMR vendor's product/module within the first 6 months of employment.
- Clinical Informatics Professional III must satisfy all vendor testing requirements to be certified without needing to attend vendors training a second time for the same class.
- Must pass physical and TB test.
- Must pass a background check*Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.