Classification Title: FT Administrator
City/Campus: Detroit - McNichols
Department: Human Resources
Position Status: Full Time
To prepare, disburse, maintain, and review payroll, salary adjustments, payroll taxes, and year-end processing; and maintain the human resources database to encompass salary and benefit information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Compiles payroll information by managing payroll preparation; completing reports; maintaining records.
• Analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data.
• Maintains payroll information; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
• Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions and payroll deductions.
• Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
• Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
• Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
• Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
• Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
• Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
• Analyzes and prepares IRS reports, W2 and1095 Forms, 990 data, Workers Compensation, etc.
• Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
• Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
• Maintains payroll staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Maintains payroll staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to the Human Resources and Payroll Departments team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.