Administrative Assistant - Continuing Education
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 08902
Location: CLIMB Center
Address: 1626 SE Water Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Classified; Level 20; Full-time; Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: $3,437 to $3,511 per month
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
| Incumbents in this classification perform a full range of complex administrative support and secretarial functions for senior management at the Campus Dean level. Work is performed independently and incumbents exercise considerable judgment and respond to complex, technical and sensitive issues that may have significant impact. Interactions occur with a variety of individuals within PCC, the general public and outside customers. |
This classification is distinguished from the Executive Assistant classification in that Executive Assistants support a designated executive or officer of the college (e.g. Campus President, Vice President or Associate Vice President). This class is distinguished from the Office Assistant job family in that Office Assistants provide a broad range of general administrative support to a program or department.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
8 hours of Sick Leave per month
24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits please copy and paste the following link into another browser http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits/
| 1. Maintains the administrator's calendar and schedules meetings and events and prepares or distributes agendas. Arranges meetings/functions with community and other external groups and coordinates the logistics of meetings and gatherings. |
2. May serve as liaison to or represent the administrator or division in dealings with both internal and external people and organizations.
3. Compiles, composes edits, produces and distributes a variety of documents including correspondence, policies, reports, speeches and presentations.
4. Attends meetings or serves on committees and work groups and may take notes or prepare minutes.
5. Receives and screens callers and visitors; provides information or routes callers and visitors to appropriate person for action. Provides direction or assistance in resolving problems and complaints.
6. Performs research and analytical activities and gathers background material and data.
7. Reviews and/or prepares and processes paperwork which may include requisitions, grants, personnel actions, employment contracts and others.
8. Makes extensive use of technological resources include all desktop office programs, Internet, Intranet, Email and other technologies as required by area of assignment.
9. Inputs and retrieves information from college databases and other mainframe and/or microcomputer information systems. May create or revise databases used by the administrator or department.
10. Assists in the preparation and monitoring/tracking of the organization's budget.
11. Handles or assists in financial transactions and control procedures. Processes expenditures, purchases budget transfers and other actions. Develops and analyzes financial reports and maintains selected fiscal records.
12. Performs a broad range of general office support functions including creating and/or maintaining files and records, overseeing use of office equipment and supplies and coordination with other support departments.
13. Maintains an adequate inventory of office supplies; tracks supply expenditures.
14. May make travel arrangements and prepare and submit travel and expense claims.
15. May be assigned responsibility for training, guiding or reviewing the work of other office support staff or work study and student help.
Positions in this classification may perform some or all of the responsibilities above and other related duties as assigned.
| - The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application. |
- Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
Training and experience equivalent to a high school diploma or GED.
Five years of responsible administrative support experience (college or business school training may be substituted for up to two years of the experience requirement).
Other combinations of experience, education and training that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
Knowledge of: secretarial functions, services and techniques, office practices and procedures; policies, procedures and practices applicable to the area of assignment; relevant technological applications and resources; business correspondence standards including English, grammar, formatting, spelling and punctuation; mathematical and statistical knowledge appropriate to the assignment
Ability to: develop and maintain effective working relationships with officials and employees at all levels; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; demonstrate resourcefulness and tact in public contacts; utilize necessary computer applications at an advanced level; understand and follow broad and complex instructions; exercise considerable judgment and initiative; handle sensitive and confidential matters and situations; perform a variety of independent research and analysis activities. Shorthand or briefhand skills may be required.
- Experience with Banner or other information systems and databases.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills; Experience with CRM software.
- Experience supporting multiple team members with competing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment independently and to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of and willingness to contribute in a diverse team environment.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively resolve issues or concerns while adhering to policies and guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to research, compile, analyze and summarize data.
Additional Posting Information:
| Additional Posting Information: |
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed responses to the (3) Required Questions from the Committee - scroll down to see "Required Questions" below - (Attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)*
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Effective January 1, 2014, all applicants hired by the college will be required to reimburse PCC for the cost of their criminal background check, through payroll deduction.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency