The Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at West Virginia University is seeking applications for the position of Title IX Education Specialist. This position assumes primary responsibility across regional campuses for coordinating and facilitating prevention education and bystander intervention programs addressing sexual misconduct, relationship violence, stalking and bullying on the basis of sex.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Assist in strategic planning for an ongoing, comprehensive, systemic approach to preventing and addressing conduct prohibited by Title IX, West Virginia University Policy, and/or the Clery Act on the basis of sex.
- Assist with instruction and development of a three-credit sexual assault advocacy course.
- Assist in the development of appropriate curriculum, handouts, lectures and presentations.
- Establish learning outcomes, choose and/or create, and administer instruments to evaluate student performance.
- Perform frequent evaluations of the course to improve and maximize student learning outcomes.
- Facilitate dialogue about consent, boundaries and healthy sexuality that empowers both individuals and the West Virginia University community.
- Assist in developing, implementing, expanding and enhancing programs.
- Provide training for faculty and staff (including student staff).
- Travel to regional campuses or other locations as needed.
- Assist the Title IX Coordinator as assigned on other matters related to sexual misconduct, relationship violence, stalking, bullying and campus climate.
- Master's degree in public health, nursing, psychology, social work or similar field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- One (1) year of experience in prevention education and bystander intervention programs addressing sexual misconduct, relationship violence, stalking and bullying on the basis of sex or gender.
- Knowledge of and the ability to interpret in the broadest sense federal and state equal opportunity and nondiscrimination laws and regulations, including Title IX, as well as the legal framework for discrimination, harassment and sexual misconduct
Ability to build relationships and establish collaborative partnerships across the institution and peer institutions
Superior interpersonal, cross-cultural communication, diversity, organizational and problem-solving skills
Ability to handle confidential and sensitive situations with diplomacy and excellent judgment and to act calmly and objectively
First Consideration will be given to those who apply by January 2, 2017.
- Background check
- Valid driver's license
- Cover letter
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Job Posting: Dec 15, 2016
Posting Classification: FE/AP
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes