You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in an investment management environment, working in particular with defined benefit pension plans, endowments & foundations or other institutional-level clients;
- Understanding of, and experience working with, institutional investment managers;
- Knowledge of Canadian pension funds, a strong understanding of investment concepts and the financial markets;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and implement changes/enhancements to processes and strategies;
- Knowledge of, and experience with, software and systems, e.g. Bloomberg, Charles River;
- Ability to work independently but also collaborate effectively with other team members;
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical decision making, and problem solving skill in developing solutions for complex clients/business issues;
- Willingness to think outside the box and deliver innovative ideas;
- Interest in, and aptitude, for operational excellence;
- Strong analytical skills; accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Some travel required to service clients;
- A positive attitude combined with a great willingness to contribute to the success of Aon; and
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Commerce, Mathematics or related discipline, or equivalent years of industry experience;
- Commitment to professional development. Completion of (CFA) Chartered Financial Analyst and/or (CIM) Chartered Investment Manager designation in required; and
- Must be currently registered as an “Advising Representative” or the ability to be registered within one month after start date.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.