You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum of 2-4 years of progressive experience;
- Relevant experience in an investment management / investment consulting environment;
- Experience working as an analyst with institutional investments / pensions;
- Strong research and analytical skills; must be a highly motivated, self-starter and team-oriented individual;
- Highly organized and results-orientated; strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work independently but also collaborate effectively with other team members;
- Ability to multi-task, work under tight deadlines and adaptable to changing business needs;
- Knowledge of the institutional investment industry, understanding of investment concepts and the financial markets;
- Quick learner and demonstrated problem solver, ability to make decisions and develop solutions; ability to use financial spreadsheet and investing programs;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel; (e.g. array and look-up formulas);
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office Suite: Microsoft PowerPoint and Word;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; and
- A positive attitude combined with a great willingness to contribute to the success of Aon.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Finance, Economics, Business, Commerce, Actuarial Science, Mathematics or related discipline;
- Commitment to professional development. Working towards completion of (CFA) Chartered Financial Analyst program is recommended; and
- Completion of or working towards the Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM) program is considered a strong asset.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.