Associate Professor, Leadership Studies
Position Number 001287
The Department of Leadership Studies and Adult Education in the College of Education at North Carolina A&T State University invites applications for a tenure-track, nine month faculty position at the rank of Associate Professor. The successful applicant will start on August 15, 2017 and will be expected to assume a central role of teaching and advising doctoral students. The department seeks a dynamic, creative scholar-practitioner committed to quality teaching, student success, scholarly productivity, and departmental effectiveness. Through its commitment to civic engagement, transformative research, and creative scholarship, the program produces leaders who are critical thinkers and social justice advocates capable of transforming organizations and institutions to maximize human potential. Courses are delivered through a combination of online and face-to-face modes. Honoring interdisciplinary practice and scholarship, the curriculum provides depth and breadth of leadership understanding and development culminating in an empirically-based research dissertation.
A successful candidate for the position is expected to do the following:
- Teach leadership theories and practice, decision making theories, strategic planning and organizational dynamics, leadership development and training, research methodology courses, and other doctoral-level courses as assigned;
- Design, teach, and facilitate small and large group experiential learning activities in a blended learning environment;
- Lead doctoral dissertation committees as well as serve on dissertation committees;
- Contribute to the scholarly enterprise of the doctoral program, the College of Education, and the university community which includes procuring extramural grant funding, publishing in top-tier peer-reviewed journals, and conducting presentations at well-respected state, regional, national, and international professional meetings and conferences;
- Attend department, college, and university faculty meetings;
- Serve on department, college, and university committees and participate in other activities as assigned;
- Remain current in theory and practice related to program content;
- Support community engagement activities.
Primary Function of Organizational Unit
The College of Education is a learning centered organization that prepares educational and human service leaders who create, use, and share knowledge on equity, access, and advocacy in local, national, and global communities. The College offers degrees at the baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral levels. Our graduates are catalysts for learning and leading in diverse contexts who engage in collaborative practice with key stakeholders from local to global communities. The interdisciplinary Leadership Studies doctoral program is designed for those persons who desire to conduct research in the field of leadership. Through its commitment to civic engagement, transformative research, and creative scholarship the program produces leaders who are critical thinkers and social justice advocates capable of transforming organizations and institutions to maximize human potential.
Date Position Available August 2017