Job Description: The Program Director for International Student Experience plays a critical role in cultivating an inclusive and welcoming campus community with particular attention to the needs and concerns of international students. The Program Director manages programs related to international student community and support, and supervises the student staff (paid and volunteer) who assist with the development and implementation of the services and programs (e.g., event planning, advocacy, and educational programming). The Program Director provides this leadership with attention to emerging international student issues and to best practices in international student services on college campuses. The Program Director serves as a visible resource and advocate for the entire Brown community regarding issues of international students. The Program Director works in close partnership with the Assistant Provost for Global Engagement.
- Required: Bachelorâ??s degree in a related field (e.g., International/Multicultural Education, International Relations, Cross-cultural Communication)
- Preferred: Masterâ??s degree in Higher Education/Student Personnel, International Education, International Relations, Public Administration, or related field.
- 3-5 years related experience with international student programming and issues, preferably in an academic setting.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment and success working in a multicultural environment with a critical understanding of social justice issues in both student and workplace settings.
- Excellent written and oral skills required.
- Flexibility to evolve with a dynamic student affairs environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with students, staff, and faculty.
- An understanding of assessment techniques used within a student program preferred.
- Experience in the following preferred: training facilitation, policy development, event planning, advising and/or supervising students, and web and print communications.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including events and weekends as needed.
- Understanding of the changing demographics of international students both nationally and globally
- Understanding of issues of diversity, especially issues of nationality, race, ethnicity, class, gender, sexuality, and how they intersect with other markers of identity.
- Understanding and appreciation of Brownâ??s curricular philosophy and demonstrated ability to both support student initiative and to encourage more inclusive community and leadership development.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, collaborate and consult effectively, and be a creative problem solver.
- Strong organizational, administrative, and time management skills required.
Recruiting Start Date:2016-12-06-08:00
Job Posting Title:Program Director for International Student Experience
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, sex, sex orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.